Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I downloaded ePSXe and I dont know how to use it I tried to run it but it gave me a mssege saying that I dont have any files in the bios directory, so can someone tell me where can i get bios files and the basics of ePSXe using.

thanx in advance.

· Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
Any posts discussing illegal material will not be tolerated. Any member asking for / requesting BIOS images or backup images of material that is illegal to distribute, will be immediately banned from the boards. The issue is completely up to the discretion of any Administrator / Moderator of the boards and cannot be argued. This includes but is not limited to: asking for help in finding BIOS images, asking for BIOS images to be emailed, asking for links to sites that have BIOS images accessible, asking for links to backup images of media that one does not own.

Under the discretion of the administrator / moderator, this rule may not apply to information available in the FAQ's such as: using search engines like Google.com, which BIOS has the greatest compatibility, etc. It may also not apply to discussions regarding illegal material, but as before stated, only by the discretion of the Administrator / Moderator.

From the board rules^^^^^^^
After/if u find a bios on your own start by reading the documents that came with epsxe , if u still dont understand how to get it to work then come back and search the boards for the problems your having as theyve been disscused many times before.
merry xmas :)

· Registered
3,405 Posts
it is illegal only if u dont posses a PSX, and thus, the bios that came with it. If u have a psx handy and the right stuff u can grab the bios from your PSX... if u dont... well.. jest resort to the magical powers of google.com ;)

· Registered
12,014 Posts
Originally posted by Soylvak
How the hell do you take yur psx bios and put it on the computer?
It's actually fairly simple. You can get specific directions from a lot of sites, but I'll go ahead and copy/paste the information from Pete's page: "you need an original psx console, an action replay module and a link cable to get the BIOS from your console"

G

·
The bios stands for Basic Input Output System, it is the brain of the PSX. With it in ePSXe, ePSXe becomes a PSX capable of executing instructions necessary to run PSX games on a PC. With out it, ePSXe is just another program, except that it won't do anything without the bios.
Go to www.google.com and do a search for PSX Bios, just as Neojag said, and you'll find links to sites that have them.
The reason that we will not tell you, specifically, where to find one is that it is illegal to do that. Also Bobbi, the owner/webmaster of these boards has asked us not to. Sony watches this site for just this kind of thing and if they (Sony) ever saw it going on here, good bye NGEmu.
Soylvak, you're right, you can never have enough socks. After all you can't wear PSXes on your feet.:D :D :D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

· Registered
129 Posts
But that's part of the fun, neojag! The rest of the fun comes from watching all the other people eye you nervously as you pick your teeth with a bowie knife...

Oh, don't mind me, I'm perfectly fine! No, this knife isn't FOR anything, officer, I just like to have it around...

Amberion

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.