Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here so I decided to register here so I can ask a question that some people here might know.
Now, I think the Dreamcast emulators are great, but the Emulators for the Dreamcast itself...well...the whole point of people making Emulators to run on the Dreamcast so you can play other games aswell, but without any hardware modifications. Thats what I want to know...
Basically I want to know if its possible to Upgrade the Dreamcast to be powerful than ever, if this is possible, then it might help SLOW!!! Emulators like the PCSX-DC (Playstation Emulator for the Dreamcast that runs at least 10fps), to be able to run faster.
This was my life's ambition to do, but was not able to do, therefore I need peoples help on this.
You can just post your opinions or facts here, it might just help, but make sure too.

You may also reply at: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
opinion: dont think it can be done. IINM the DC isnt built like a PC and upgrading a DC would require you to rip threw another DC and do some extensive mods

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chrono Archangel said:
opinion: dont think it can be done. IINM the DC isnt built like a PC and upgrading a DC would require you to rip threw another DC and do some extensive mods
Thats exactly what I mean! What will I need to do to make this happen? Also there can be people out there who can help make emulators to run todays games if this is possible.

·
Registered
233 Posts
i dont get it, if u try to upgrade ur dreamcst, not only will u go throught a few DC's but u will also have to rewrite the hardware program in the DC to accept the hardware, and make it run the games, which i find isnt needed, thats why theres emulators out, that do that for u on the computer...so please....dont upgrade ur DC lol

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Vahid said:
i dont get it, if u try to upgrade ur dreamcst, not only will u go throught a few DC's but u will also have to rewrite the hardware program in the DC to accept the hardware, and make it run the games, which i find isnt needed, thats why theres emulators out, that do that for u on the computer...so please....dont upgrade ur DC lol
he wants better emulation on his DC... but i doubt he'll find anyone with any knowledge on how to upgrade the DC. i searched around a little and found nothin

ohh and Vahid i didnt edit your post...i just hit the wrongbutton again :heh:

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
It would be difficult..new bios would be needed...new code...

To be honest it would be easier (and probably cheaper) to get an Xbox. Emulation on Xbox really is quite impressive.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know what hardware is needed to be at least powerful as a Xbox and anyone who can do these new bios and codes?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
For the amount of time and money spent on doing that wouldn't it be better to build a pc where you can play all your games (inclusing Dreamcast) Where they look better than an Xbox or DC could ever make them?

·
Banned
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NO! A Dreamcast is more beautiful than a PC and to do this with a Dreamcast, could start putting PS2, Xbox etc out of bussiness as they did to the Dreamcast.

·
pee comes out the weewee
79 Posts
I really doubt that doing that with dreamcasts would have a chance at putting the other consoles out of business, this is a waste of time, if i were you i would build a pc or something instead of wasting your money on this

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Oalboukharey: You're kidding, right? The Dreamcast uses totally customized hardware. The only way it'd be possible to upgrade it is if Sega themselves manufacturers more powerful versions of that hardware. Furthermore, you seem to know nothing of what you're talking about and want everybody else to give you the answers. So, there you go. It is impossible. Thread closed...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.