Next Generation Emulation banner

How to swap CDs in chankast?

13K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  matteh 
#1 ·
I got the Utopia bootcd 1.5 running but how do I swap the CDs?

The Utopia BootCD is on one virtual drive while the dreamcast game is on another.

#2 ·
RZetlin said:
I got the Utopia bootcd 1.5 running but how do I swap the CDs?

The Utopia BootCD is on one virtual drive while the dreamcast game is on another.
you can't use a BootCd with chankast :???:
:spit:

#7 ·
utopia 1.5 well... better use utopia 1.2 (seems like the only one working?)

for those saying utopia doesnt work in chnakast, well it does now on 0.25 release, just they didnt say anything as they dont promote piracy (but actually they do as its like the only way to run the games right now)

RZetlin : u had another thread talking about the 1.2 bootcd/utopia why didnt u follow it there?

also as said previously you just need to mount the utopia 1.2 iso on a virtual drive, load it with chankast, when it ask to insert a non-bootable disc unmount the utopia and then mount the game iso. that should do it, right now there isnt a way to swap drives.

#8 ·
* Lady said:
utopia 1.5 well... better use utopia 1.2 (seems like the only one working?)

for those saying utopia doesnt work in chnakast, well it does now on 0.25 release, just they didnt say anything as they dont promote piracy (but actually they do as its like the only way to run the games right now)

RZetlin : u had another thread talking about the 1.2 bootcd/utopia why didnt u follow it there?

also as said previously you just need to mount the utopia 1.2 iso on a virtual drive, load it with chankast, when it ask to insert a non-bootable disc unmount the utopia and then mount the game iso. that should do it, right now there isnt a way to swap drives.
This doesn't work for me because the Boot Disc and the game are two different formats (Nero and CDI) so it's not possible to mount them on the same drive.

#9 ·
What program are you using? Daemon Tools can handle both formats perfectly. It does work for me.

#10 ·
as hector said, yes u can handle both with same program, daemon tools can, after 3.4 at least... i use 3.44 and no problem so far, and if u use 3.29 or somethen because of the selfbooted gmes with ioerrors u can use 3.44 as well using the emulation options, or use alcohol 120% as well.

#12 · (Edited)
Utopia disk works fine. All I do is mount it, run it on chankast, then wait for the insert game cd message, unmount it ( Yup, whilst chanka is running ), mount the game cd image and chankast will start reading the game.

#14 ·
Example: Utopia boot cd ;)
-Mount utopia boot cd to D-tools
-start Chankast
-wait untill you can read :change to game disc (or sth like that ;)
-click the d-tools icon on taskbar
-select mount image (the same driver where you have mounted utopia)
-than mount your game image

Works here anyway :evil: ;)

#15 · (Edited)
Erm, that's what I exactly said before o_o

#19 ·
Segamaster, with threads like these dating from 2004, or even a those half a year ago, it's common practice not to revive them by simply stating "I agree" or "it works!" like you just did. Though of course the input is appreciated, and it might help out a few others, it doesn't really add anything.

Thread reviving is only allowed if you would either have a question on the exact same topic, or have something really useful to add. Obviously, the latter doesn't mean answering a question that had been asked 3 years ago, unless it's been a known dilemma for years.

I hope that explains a bit how thread revivals are treated here. Otherwise, welcome to Emuforums and enjoy your stay :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.