Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How to speed up the emulator?

72K views 37 replies 28 participants last post by  jonc2006 
#1 ·
Hey,

I recently downloaded this emulator, and I got to say thanks to everyone who worked on it, it's a masterpiece!

I am relieved that I can still play my Gamecube games even tho my friend moved away without giving me back my Gamecube.

There is just one issue I have, and that's the speed of my games. For example, I will take Metroid Prime.

In closed rooms, without enemies I get a perfect speed of 50-60 FPS. But, the problem is, when I am in the overworld, or in a room filled with a lot of enemies, the speed drops down to 30FPS, sometimes even less.

Now, I can beat the game like this, it's not a problem, but it gets rather annoying on boss fights and other major events. When the boss fight is slow, the difficulty falls and there is no speed and no adrenaline. The thing that's most fun about boss fights. I think you know what I mean.

So what I wanted to ask is, what do I have to do to increase the speed of my emulator? Is it possible in the first place? When I searched for an answer, I heard several people that claimed they have a constant 60fps in Metroid Prime.

Here are my computer specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2044MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9500 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.8122 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

What would I have to upgrade to get a good constant 60 FPS on games like Metroid Prime? Is there maybe a chance the specs are enough but I got a software problem?

Any help is appreciated.

See less See more
#27 ·
Hi!

I didn't want to create a new thread when this could have fit nicely here (besides that it's old). I'm trying to play Mario kart at a decent speed. It's sluggish. I was wondering if anyone could help me with settings and whatnot to maximize the speed.

My specs are:
CPU: Core i7 920 2.67GHz
Ram: 12gb
Video card: Radeon 4850 1gb
Overclock that *****.

#33 ·
I'm not sure what specs are the best but here mine. Mac book Intel core 2 duo 2.43 g ma x3100. I'm trying to run supermario sunshine but it's sluggish. Any ideas?
I think this is a lot.
gma x3100 is why

#34 · (Edited)
I downloaded the game "Pokemon Channel" from emuparadise and I've tried running it and it is painfully slow, it takes about 10 minutes to get halfway through the opening credits, and then just stops, it doesn't crash, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Also I own a gamecube and the Pokemon Channel game, I just wanted to try and run it on my computer, and it is a HUGE dissapointment. My Processor is a "Intel(R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00 GHz, 2000 MHz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)" and It's a Windows Vista Home Premium. Also when I run the game it SAYS it's running 61 FPS and 60 VPS at 100% speed. Also the dolphin emulator/game is the only thing that goes slow, my computer keeps running like nothing is even going on

#37 ·
I can guess whats coming next... "I own the game..so its ok for me to download ...etc
"
Discussions on any kind of illegal material are not permitted on Emuforums, this includes illegal games, leaks & betas (unofficially illegally taken material), and mod chips. And once again, please read through our board rules before you start posting, thanks.
"

-The horses mouth

The rules of the forum solidly state that discussions of any illegal nature are not permitted. Whether it's "ok" or not is irrelevant. Morality has nothing to do with rules and permission.

I pirate games; sue me. I in no way discussed the material. I didn't post a link, I didn't post a beta and I didn't post any source or name. If the rule was changed from "material" to "act" then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Most people don't realize that the thread could've gone on well enough had he not mentioned the source or the .iso file itself.

"I have a copy of "game" on .iso"
Is not illegal.
"I have a copy of "game" I got from "illegal website"."
Is.

#38 ·
Warez Policy

NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez. Links to or requests for illegally-obtained commercial material, such as ROMs, ISOs, or BIOS images will not be tolerated. If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed.
once you admit to being in possession of a pirated game you will no longer recieve support here.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.