Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone know of a good way to speed up golden eye o pj 64 it plays fine but its just real slow i have a pIII 866mhz 256 megs or ram and integrated intel graphics(performs good in aall other games ive tryed)any help wotl be appreciated

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
1) Upgrade your drivers
2) If you arent using a 2k/XP system, get a ram defragger like RamIdle or Aldo's SpeedUp
3) Run from a clean boot

theres a ton of this kinda info. this kinda stuff was real big back in the bleem days.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey bg what exactly does aldos speed up do ? and i am running xp pro and dou you think upgrading my sound drivers would help i already got xp drivers for my graphics ..btw first cpu i ever used bleem on was running it so slow that i sold my copy of bleem that was around right when it came out methinks

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
if yur using xp, then it wont help you. aldos speedup is like a taskmanager/ram defragger. 2k and xp do all that natively.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any way at all to squeeze mor framerate out of it i can even play these games im cluless on n64 emulation so id there different plugins ?ie like a soft one coz my graphics are better than a n64 but choppy as hell

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Basically the only options really left to you are to either use a null sound plug-in, or to just optimize your system as much as possible, or upgrade. And yes, I really do think your integrated intel graphics chipset sucks. Look around the net if you have no idea about how to go about optimizing your system.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Its the integrated graphics card. Its a total bottleneck, you really have to get a new one, and cos the GFX is integrated, it means your Soundcard is inteegrated, and if your sound card is integrated that means the driver is merely emulating a soundcard which will slow it down immensely. Best bet, replace GFX card, disable S/C in BIOS. Get a GF2MX, really cheap, and still great for games.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i want to get a new one pput i got no agp slot all i got is pci i think im gonna buy a whole new mobo and processor

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yea, thats the one. I bet it tells you the GFX are AGP aswell, yes? See, you open it up and no AGP... Bets replace your MOBO and get a good GFX card....

*stoned*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts