Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - yes, I know I'm a noob, but at least I'm not a pirate. :)

Anyway, I have a copy of Final Fantasy X - it's PAL, Platinum, and scratched. Oh my! When I went to rip it it had a lot of errors. Now, I've been playing the game fine up until I come up to this one FMV cutscene (where assumedly the "scratched" data is) where it freezes (well, not so much a freeze - but it keeps replaying the same 1/2 a second of cutscene as it fails to load the next bit) at exactly the same bit every time. Basically I want to skip it.

I have searched on the interwebs, tried making a patch myself (and failing), running it in native off the original disc with speedhacks turned off in native mode 640x480, running different builds - and still the same freezing. Now, I could swear I remember a really old build of PCSX2 or GSdx or something that had the option of skipping FMV. Does anyone know what it is? If not, is there any other way of skipping the FMV?

BTW, I'd prefer not to make a screenie because it takes ages to get from the save point up to the bit it freezes on, but if you want to know where it is exactly it's the FMV cutscene right after Tidus wakes up from his dream screaming "I hate you!" (just after you do the orb puzzly thing and find the summoner) It freezes at the bit when the guardian woman's breasts fill the entire screen - seriously.

Thank you in advance for your time and help,
~Esposch

P.S. How much of the game is just driving Tidus around from cutscene to cutscene? I'm pretty sure in the 2 gameplay hours I've put in so far, there have been about 20 minutes of gameplay...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think that if you own an original dvd than you are legally entitled to download an iso (of that game) from whatever on internet ... Not sure anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that if you own an original dvd than you are legally entitled to download an iso (of that game) from whatever on internet ... Not sure anyway.
No, It's not legal, but that is a bit of a moot point as it would take me about 30 straight hours to download an .ISO anyway.
I'd prefer to just skip this one bit of FMV.

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
Well, I believe u CAN download a copy of FFX as long as it is the one you own but, I'm not so sure, so let's just leave it at that.

Anyway, regarding your problem, what you could do is download an old version of pcsx2 where the patch was included and make a copy of your memcard to play in the older version adn skip the scene. Then copy back the memcard back.

Another option would be to go to the patch making thread and search for the Patch of your FFX version.

Here is the patch making thread: http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/70900-user-patches-pcsx2-do-not-make-requests.html

If someone else has a better idea post it now or forever hold your keys :lol:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Well, I believe u CAN download a copy of FFX as long as it is the one you own but, I'm not so sure, so let's just leave it at that.
Um....... LURK MOAR.
as your lurking has failed so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.