Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Leading the way.
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you search enforcers out there, I HAVE SEARCHED!

Could someone please tell me how to extract the ps2 bios and run it? I know there's a few things in there that can be run, like the logo and what not, do i need to do that as well? If this is against the rules, I apologize. I just think it would be cool to se that running. you know?

·
Leading the way.
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you read my post? I said I searched and couldn't find it. If it's there, could you show me a link to it maybe?

·
Leading the way.
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NONONO. I meant unpack the bios from the .bin file and run it in pcsx2. like those screenshots.

·
Registered
40 Posts
unpack the bios? please read bositman's guide.
you should put the bios that you dumped from your own ps2 (it's about 4 MB) in the bios directory(e.g C:\pcsx2SSE-0.81\bios), then open pcsx2 and go to 'configure' under 'config' and you'll be able to select your bios. and to run it go to : run->execute.

·
Leading the way.
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OH MY GOD.I want to extract the actual bios contents. the actual bios file (((((.BIN))))) can be taken apart but i don't remember how. I want to run (RUN) the bios in pcsx2, i've done that before also. I just dont remember how to at all.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Ok..take apart the bios? What is that supposed to mean?
If you want to RUN the bios,spawn4 just told you how
If you want to see the ps2 logo,youll have to use run->execute but this time not using a null cdvd plugin but a normal one with a game loaded

·
Leading the way.
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Leading the way.
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nm got it. Sorry for being retarded. runs incredibly fast too. with sound. perfect!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Iam in the bio but and i can see the browse and system configuration but when i go browse and setup my memory card and setup my system configuration then i cant start the game. Also i see peopel getting 20+ FPS but why am i getting 5 FPS or lower?

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Actually, he just doesn't have the CDVD plugin set to peops or linuz ISO is my guess. davidw89: if it's set to null, it will never even attempt to boot a game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.