Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to run SSF on Windows 8.1. It'll start but the only way I can see anything is by the small preview by hovering my mouse over the taskbar.

Clicking on it just produces some noises. It simply wont go to a playable window.

·
Registered
6 Posts
SSF is a very finicky emulator, especially with Win8 (way easier to get it running on any previous Windows). Are you using the latest SSF? (SSF_012_beta_R4 i think)

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the latest version of SSF. Compatibility mode doesn't do a thing either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I honestly have no idea how to help you since i didn't encounter your problem. The only thing i can suggest is to use a different OS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ugh. Haven't played SSF in a months on my desktop PC, and just found i get an xaudio error, and thus cannot play. Emulator still works fine on my laptop though. Both are running Win 8.1. I suspect the error might have to do with the Nvidia videocard i just installed a couple months ago on it (note the drivers are fully updated and everything).

I have a feeling if you switch to using Intel for both GPU and CPU the emulator might work.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Always make sure to have the latest sound/video drivers, Micrososft VC++ 2005/08/10/12/13 redists and DirectX redist (June 2010) updated because that's all you need in able to run SSF properly.
I've run SSF since 2006 and have never encountered any problem with it, and back then I ran it on a crappy P4 with an ATI 128mb graphics card.

SSF works great on Windows 8.1 really, you just have to make sure to have everything updated.

·
Miserable Bugger
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Late reply back and thankfully the latest version of SSF is running on Windows 8.1 with no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts