Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to run Pal games at 60 fps. But without activating the fps limiter in video settings and set this fps limit to 60 fps.
I need solution like this, on pcsx2 emulator:
I found you can edit the ini file in the ini folder.
ini file to edit: pcsx2.ini
Look for: FrameratePAL=50.0 and change it to 60.
Can I modify something in epsxe files to run pal games at 60 fps?

Or solution like this, on psx emulator:
you can prevent PAL games running at 50hz by using the -P command line option (note capital P, not lowercase). This is not recommended though because obviously PAL games are designed to run at 50hz so timing issues may occur.
Maybe someone can create such command for epsxe?

·
Registered
238 Posts
You will also have to use a spu (sound plugin) that slows the audio speed since the game will be going at 120% speed. Also warning this can and dose break some pal games.

As for the setting to do it the video setting is the only place I know to do it depending on your video plugin.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to run pal game with 60 fps, when auto-detect fps is enabled. Any other suggestions?

·
Seasoned ePSXe User
635 Posts
There is no fail-safe way to run PAL games at 60 fps except to remaster them. Most people don't have the means, equipment or knowledge to do that. The were designed to work at 50 fps like PAL region televisions run at. There is no way that I have come across that lets you run PAL PSX games at 60 fps that doesn't break something. There might be a way out there for a layman to do it but I have never heard of it and I highly doubt that it exists.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
In the epsxe we can speed up any game to 200 fps or more, when fps limit is disabled. I don't want to change Pal game disc, I want to change some settings in epsxe.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,651 Posts
I think the results will be terrible. On pc monitors NTSC versions generally play better, if you have PAL games (like me) I'm afraid you're just gonna have to cope with sub-optimal fps for a pc monitor.

Ah well, at least some games improve. For example, The Need For Speed was never properly optimized and still runs 30fps on the PAL version, so you don't have to do anything about that one....

·
Registered
238 Posts
The problem is that unlike a computer a psx was designed for a very specific fps. 50hz/25fps (due to how scanning works on crt) for pal and 60hz/30fps ntsc. Most modern emulators don't do interlaced images like a crt would so you usually get doubled frames running at 50/60fps.
The upper limit is 100% speed or 50/60fps, unless you want a faster game. It does not work like a computer game where rendering more frame and displaying then on the screen is a separate thing from the actual speed of the game. So a 200fps pal game is running 4x too fast. Without changing the fundamental way a psx game/system works you can not change this limitation.

What epsxe should really do is simply remove the show fps option for show speed and display it as x%/100% like most emulators do in order to avoid misunderstandings about the nature of fps and emulators.

If anything 60fps or less looks bad to you, unfortunately consoles (even emulated one) might not be the best choice for gaming on. Especially European ones made before the 7th generation (ps3, xbox360) and even then there is usually an option in settings you have to change to get 60hz and still some pal games just break.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,651 Posts
There are patches and utilities that can sometimes successfully mod a game, same as adding trainers, etc.

Can't link to those sites as they tend to contain illegal material.

·
Not a Registered User
1,325 Posts
Got it, just changed the video plugin and it allowed 60fps
View attachment 201564
First of all don't revive dead old threads like this from almost 4y ago.
Got an issue or a question make a new thread.

Secondly if you wanna play a PS1 game in 60fps get an NTSC copy of said game, either American or Asian copy.
Using patches or method like you posted will cause issues or the game will not run or sound properly as most PAL games are adjusted to run the same as the NTSC versions despite the 10fps difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts