Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theres any way to really get rid-off IE?
I dont want it on my system anymore!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well the most logical way would be to remove all links on the desktop. However getting rid of the core IE is not really a good idea since it will break a lot of functions in Windows. It is integrated, you can if you want to give it a shot remake your WinXP CD with nLite and remove the IE core and browser. Be warned you will not get anymore Windows update and if anything you thought work before will not with the core being removed.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Windows explorer (what you use to look at files and directories) and IE are one and the same, so getting rid of IE would pretty much destroy windows.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
You could use nLite to permanently remove IE from your installation. This is in my opinion the cleanest and easiest way of doing it. http://nuhi.msfn.org

There's a message board there if your interested and need help.:)

You can still get all your Windows Updates by going to http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack.html and downloading the updates pack. They're the same updates from Windows Update without having to go to the Windows Update website.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is this a free version for litepc?

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
nLite has nothing to do with LitePC. It's totally different as it removes Windows Components before you install. Did you go to the website?

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i went there.
What i meant its like a free replacement for litePC.....

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ill give it a try
thx!

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Of course... But he wants to actually remove it from the OS. Not using it and removing it completely are two different things. :p

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yeloazndevil said:
why bother removing it? :p

if he hates it he should just stop using microsoft software :p
True enough, that is what Linux is for, removing IE is only good back when it was not integrated with the OS.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
But it CAN be removed. So what's the big deal? Microsoft just doesn't want you to remove it, although it can be done.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WOW guys, i didnt want to make this a big deal!

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
well one way to do it would be to go to
Control Panel-->Add Remove Progams-->Add remove Windows components.

Then just uncheck internet explorer and click continue. This removes a big % of IE from the comp. But not 100%.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
xRockx said:
well one way to do it would be to go to
Control Panel-->Add Remove Progams-->Add remove Windows components.

Then just uncheck internet explorer and click continue. This removes a big % of IE from the comp. But not 100%.
Actually, I believe that only removes the icons from Start Menu/Quick Link/ Desktop.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Mad said:
WOW guys, i didnt want to make this a big deal!
Yelo made it a big deal by replying to something that was already dealt with. Anyways, let's leave this thread alone now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts