Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· I m meow desu! ^_^
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for 2 weeks visiting Japan via Jenesys programme and i gonna attend an interview along with other university students.This will be my first interview.does anybody know will they interview in japanese,english,or native language and how to do it like a pro?

· Registered
8,815 Posts
Be friendly. Be confident. Relax.
I know the second 2 are hard to do in an interview, but interviewers remember people who are calm and friendly over the people who are fidgety and nervous.

Be yourself, but at the same time, try to touch on a few points you know they want to hear....but don't overdo it or they'll notice. You want to sell yourself like a realtor would, not like a used car salesman would.

· Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
Dress nicely. (not a tuxedo or suit though)

Get a FULL nights rest the night before. 8 hours minimum. No exception. At least 8 hours.

Practice presenting yourself infront of a mirror and ollplay or simulate an interview with one of your relatives pretending to be the interviewer.

Be relaxed and be willing to engage the interviewer in some small talk. (raksmey do you know what 'small talk' means in english?)

I've seen that photo of your sister. She's pretty cute. Promise the interviewer a date with your sister..... j/k

· I m meow desu! ^_^
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks spyhop and bro pcxl for the precious tips i wish i know what languge the will use for the interview.

· Tushy :3
7,315 Posts
Here's one that I didn't see mentioned...but when they offer their hand for a handshake, don't be a limp fish. Take their hand and give a good grip (not one that will crush their hand but have it be strong enough to show them your confidence).

Other things that I can think of:

Dress nicely. A dress shirt would be great. But don't over dress. No spills or stains on the shirt, make sure things are ironed or at least not wrinkly.

Have good hygiene. Make sure you brushed your teeth, took a shower that morning, your hair is kept and trimmed and so on.

Be confident. You're pretty much selling yourself to this company. Although you may not think highly of yourself (not saying you do or don't lol), give that smile and sell yourself the best way you can. :)

Eye contact. I'm not sure if this will be the best thing to do in Japan, but most likely it will be. It tells the interviewer that you are confident and that you are attentive. This will definitely help.

Make sure your resume is up to date and that you're not lying on it. Lol. You've got to be honest but make sure you sell your best qualities and present it well on paper.

Other than that, I think everything else has been mentioned. Good luck on your interview. You'll do great. :thumb:

· I m meow desu! ^_^
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Omg interview is so hard to complete after reading everyone's post i hope i wont get cooked by the the interviewer

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Just be polite and remember your manners and the rest will come on it's own.

· Registered
13,839 Posts
Wear a loli anime shirt and dye your hair to bright blue... Oh and take a sword replica with you!:p And you have to put your shoes on the table and act cool!:lol:

...Just kidding, as everyone already said everthing meaningful. Good luck, hope you get there!:thumb:

· Tushy :3
7,315 Posts
Actually raksmey, it isn't all that bad. :) Don't get nervous from our posts. You'll do well. Really. Just try to relax. And remember, if you don't get this one, then at least you have experience for your next interview. :) That's what I always try to remember and it makes me feel better. But I get the job I interview for anyway. Lol. So really, it isn't that hard and you shouldn't be nervous. :) Everyone does it. You'll do great.

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
I for one act as my normal self, of course in a mannered way though, to some extent since in from my point of view they know who they hire and what to expect from me this way a more relaxed work relation ship can be achieved (or not achieved if they dont accept me or vice versa). From my point of view the interview is a 2 edged sword, they find out if i'm the guy they want, i find out if they offer the job and environment i want, just as they can refuse me i can refuse them (which i did on some occasions).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.