Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Guiness is brilliant. Its like Champagne is to wine... You're not meant to drink it nearly as much, but its the drink to have for that special occasion.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You're not meant to drink it nearly as much, but its the drink to have for that special occasion.
I HUMBLY disagree. If you truly know how to drink the stuff, it can be just as much a beer-drinker's drink as anything else. The guy in the video didn't describe how to do it very well. Unlike other beer where it's ok to lift the beer and lean forward to drink it at mid-way, Guinness is all about sitting upright and bringing the beer to your lips. Try not to let your nose touch the head, and only drink enough to allow it to cover your entire tongue. If it's done right, it is EASILY the best tasting beer you'll ever have. At least, it is for me. :D I find the best comparison I can make of the flavour is that it kind of tastes like dark chocolate (the expensive chocolate, not the north american crap).

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Just like everything else in life, if you take too much of something it becomes a standard, and no longer a commodity. Guiness is meant to be, and remain a treat.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having it any other day, but a) its price, b) its unique aftertaste kinda bug me out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts