Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I'm not talking about .XA files.

Games like Final Fantasy 5 and 6 don't put their background music into .XA files. Where is the music stored? And what, if any, program can play/rip these kinds of streamed music files? I've tried PSmPlay, but no luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I already have the SPC packs, but the PlayStation music has different instruments and sounds better.

One reason why I asked this question was because CaitSith2 released a PSF pack of Final Fantasy 5.. but I can't see any music on the disc and image with PsmPlay or PsxMC. I tried to email him, but I couldn't get through. So, I was wondering if Final Fantasy 6 could be ripped the same way as 5, and if it could, to know what way he ripped it.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
hm, i suppose it can. you need a knowledge of programming and such to rip PSFs, it's not like ripping a CD.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
There's a PSF Plugin for Winamp called Highly Experimental, which can be downloaded at Zophar's Domain. http://www.zophar.net/utilities/psf.html

Also, FFIV, FFV, FFVI and Chrono Trigger do NOT sound better on the Playstation. They are pretty much ports of the Super Nintendo versions. If anything, they are worse than they're SNES counterparts. But we won't get into that here...

Anyways, FFIV and FFV have already been ripped into PSF as well at Zophar's. As for FFVI, that's been ripped into SPC's with Zsnes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts