Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
It looks uhhhh...little crappy. I rather play it on that Kawaks emulator. :) Is zero that strong? How did you pick him?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I never said that it'll come out perfectly, but notice that the neoragex was last updated back in '99, and it plays games like kof'2000; I mean doesn't that surprise all of us.
I remember when people said that the kof'2000, wouldn't work on the neoragex.
Well surprise;)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
why do people continue to praise neorageX soo much? at this point its like beating a dead horse. CD is right, MAME is much more accurate at emulating neogeo games than neorageX. (and also you can add a shots factory to mame too)

I don't think there are that many people out there with very low end systems (under 300Mhz) that can't run neogeo games in mame...but then again looking at some of the people's specs that post here I could be wrong :confused:

I guess you can call it the RAIN syndrome.
Speed over Accuracy.

but in this case, if you have a computer over 300Mhz, speed isn't an issue anymore...just personal preference.

I don't know, but from the sounds of it, I think maybe bubsy just wanted a challange...I guess it would be like trying to run CPS-2 games in Callus. Not that it would be great or anything, but just for the novilty of doing would be kinda a fun I guess.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Originally posted by liquid
why do people continue to praise neorageX soo much? at this point its like beating a dead horse.
Thats your opinion; and I really don't give a hoot. But the neoragex was my first and best emu.
I mean come on, the interface is nice, import in new games, the checksum of the roms didn't have to be perfect, and the games played perfectly smooth.

Dead-end or whatever you say, but if an emulator that was last updated in '99, plays the new neo-geo games now; then I have to really give full credit to the authors;)

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,117 Posts
Originally posted by Bubsy

Thats your opinion; and I really don't give a hoot. But the neoragex was my first and best emu.
I mean come on, the interface is nice, import in new games, the checksum of the roms didn't have to be perfect, and the games played perfectly smooth.

Dead-end or whatever you say, but if an emulator that was last updated in '99, plays the new neo-geo games now; then I have to really give full credit to the authors;)
I agree. Neoragex did give me tons of joys while i had a slow p2 266 with 64 megs, and i will never say it sucks just becouse there is a better emulator.

For those people cant understand why i still say it is a good emulator,well, it is all about "appreciation". I appreciate the happiness the emu gave me and also the efforts of the emu authors put on the emu.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Btw, it was a huge download on my 56k modem dial up. Ad huh don't use Nebula even if you have a fast computer. It is not user firendly. So use Kawaks, it sets up the fastest configuration for your computer.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I got a question.

How long does it take to load the 70 meg neo-geo games; like "Striker 1945+ and Kof'99". Because it's really wierd it takes a very long time to load (by the way I'm using kawaks).
Has anyone faced this problem:(

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Hi, Bubsy. I just checked strikers1945+. It takes around 20 seconds the first time around - 5 seconds less from then on, since the roms get cached...

By the way, why don't you use neoragex for strikers ? ...it loads up much faster since it uses the decrypted graphics roms (which can be effectively compressed to less than 8 MB each) - plus, neoragex, is faster than winkawaks in general...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Originally posted by Death Metal

/* breaking topic */

Man, I won't be hard on you because I don't need enemies. I said nothing about you for you to get this nervous, just commented on something you told that I didn't agree. Don't I have the rights to disagree? I don't need to be such an expert to comment on something that satifies me or not. Also, I have free will to like NeoRAGEx as much as you claim MAME (yes, bullshit) to be the base for all the other emus - therefore, the best. I simply don't agree - is it fine now?

Do you have any mental problems? Have you realized that you're just making a bad masquerade about yourself? You never nice to anyone here. You judge yourself soooo experienced in emulation, so that you can come here and teach everyone the way you please. I'm so sorry, but you're ridiculous.

Please get a life, and after that we can talk as civilized people.

/* sorry moderators for that */
Civilized people? You rank on an emu that without it's existance, almost none of the other standalone arcade emus you love would exist. MAME was the first to emulate Neo-Geo sound, encryption, new banking, newer encryption, etc.

I concur with your 'I like this emu, blah blah' logic, play with what you wish to play. But praising something for bullshit reasons, and slagging something else for the same, is utter crap.

As for your heavily personal insults, I'm sorry if making you attempt to realize your foolish logic brings such a reaction out of you.

And, since you asked, my family does has a history of mental illness, how it concerns you, I don't know.

As for me creating a 'bad' masquerade for myself. Those who wish to view me as an ogre and the like can do so, for the people who *truly* know me wouldn't think such things, whatsoever.

Also, as a moderator, I accept your 'apology' ;)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Originally posted by CD

Civilized people? You rank on an emu that without it's existance, almost none of the other standalone arcade emus you love would exist. MAME was the first to emulate Neo-Geo sound, encryption, new banking, newer encryption, etc.

I concur with your 'I like this emu, blah blah' logic, play with what you wish to play. But praising something for bullshit reasons, and slagging something else for the same, is utter crap.

As for your heavily personal insults, I'm sorry if making you attempt to realize your foolish logic brings such a reaction out of you.

And, since you asked, my family does has a history of mental illness, how it concerns you, I don't know.

As for me creating a 'bad' masquerade for myself. Those who wish to view me as an ogre and the like can do so, for the people who *truly* know me wouldn't think such things, whatsoever.

Also, as a moderator, I accept your 'apology' ;)
Ok, CD... I'm sorry. I admit that I was quite stupid for saying those. I don't want to fight anyone here, it's totally the other way around. It's just that maybe I used a foolish way to disagree with you. I know you know much more than me, but you also should understand that it is not with anger that you may help people... if you wanted to make me understand that MAME was someway better, the WAY you tried is not the very right one...

But I'm sorry, I apologise. Let's be friends, ok? :)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Originally posted by CD
I'm very blunt, and have zero tolerence for clueless people spouting uninformed nonsense. I apologize as well.
You mean me? Oh, thanks!! :D (j/k)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.