Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I own a ps2 and a psx and have dumped my own bios respectively to use on the epsxe psx emulator and pcsx2 ps2 emulator, but my question relates to the psx emulator. I want to be able to emulate the gameshark cartridge that fits into my memory card slot to use on epsxe, so I can use my gameshark cd , I Would like this better than the [Pec] plugin because it allows me to add new codes easily, (pec hex editor is difficult to understand), How can I code my own plugin for this?, where can I find info on how to do this?, and what do I need to do this. I realy don't want to waste the devs time by recommending they make one, thats why Id like to code it myself. Can I use windows notepad to code it or do i need C++, or VB , also do I need a way to export files from my Gameshark cartridge to my pc? Help very much apreciated thanx.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Moved to misc psx, dunno if it belongs here or plugin discussion tho.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
well if you wanted to emulate the actual gameshark (either the CD version or the one that plugs into the back), you'd have to code it into the emulator and/or code a feature in the emulator to accept the gameshark "plugin". this would be difficult to do and you'd have to get an open source emulator.

also, i moved the thread to plugin questioning, seems like a PEC question to me ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.