Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to make isos of my psx and pc games and burn them later, what program should i use, cause i have games like Madden 2001 PC that has protection and i cant burn it with easy cd creator, also some PSX cd's have this problem? help, i tried clonecd but doesn't work

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I too heard a lot about ppf patches (just saw it in help sections).They say its necessary for some dino crisis version(I didnt needed it,clone cd did the job for me).

Another advice to everyone, please check the help section,it may contain answers to whatever problem anyone is facing.If it doesnt then post them.(These days I sound like administrator of this site :D)

Hey btw Where is that Help file database mentioned in the help section?May be its under construction.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
well, for most psx and pc games you could use something like daemon tools which emulates some of the protection, allowing isos to run. however, im not sure if it emulates the new safedisc which may give you some problems if you want to run brand new pc games

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
I have never had any problems making isos of my psx games using CDrwin.. The only reason I would patch the iso is so that it will be able to play on a real mod chipped psx.. Some of the newer psx games has an anti mod chip protection that detects the mod chip and doesn't allow you to play the backup.. Which is one reason why you would need to patch the iso..

As for making psx isos and then burning them on disk later, I have made perfect backups with CDrwin without any patches.. To play in epsxe of course.. All ntsc games mind you.. Certain Pal games require the patch to play in epsxe because of the protection..

Pc games may be a different story as they may have some special protection for copying them.. You could always make a raw copy so that even the protection scheme is also copied..

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
Pc games may be a different story as they may have some special protection for copying them.. You could always make a raw copy so that even the protection scheme is also copied..
Unfortunately, some CD writers are not able to perform RAW mode reading and writing. If you have one of these, you won't be able to make a 1:1 exact backup of your PC game.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i had some trouble making an iso of my mmx5 game, most of the music tracks didn't get copied. i tested the tracks using daemon tools and a playstation xa sound and mdec player and they didn't work!:mad:

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by radiohead2
i want to make isos of my psx and pc games and burn them later, what program should i use, cause i have games like Madden 2001 PC that has protection and i cant burn it with easy cd creator, also some PSX cd's have this problem? help, i tried clonecd but doesn't work
My favorite tool for CD duplicating is Blindwrite, you might want to try this one.

According to what I read, to copy protected CDs with this tool you need:

1) When dumping the CD image, make sure you use blindwrite's own image format, and extract the subcodes.

2) When writing the image, you'll need to use the writing mode "DAO PW". Note that not all CD-R drives support this mode.

[]s Badaro

·
Old Man
286 Posts
Burning PSX CD's

The only known way of burning PSX CD's and actually have them play on a Playstation is with a mod chip, a game enhancer, or a CD called PS-X-Change which very hard to find.

In order to make a copy of it, you need some good CD Writing Software. Adaptec/Roxio EZ-CD isn't good enough. Nero works fine, along with Blind Write, CDRwin, and Clone CD (which actually on some machines can make exact copies so no mod is required). You just have to make sure with these that you dump a raw image in .BIN format, and apply any patches necessary, then burn. If no patches necessary, just do a direct copy, but try to avoid On-the-fly copies.

As for your PC protected CD's, I am not quite sure.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Re: Burning PSX CD's

Originally posted by freak901010
and Clone CD (which actually on some machines can make exact copies so no mod is required).
definately NOT true. in order to have a cd boot without a mod or swap, it must be stamped plain and simple. the clone cd feature you are referring to allows you to make images that do not require patching (librcrypt or any other protection scheme besides magic gate). An image made with something like cdrwin will need to be patched if the game has some sort of antimod protection scheme..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts