Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am going on holiday and will take my laptop with my, on it of course epsx ;-) I'll try to finish a few games then which I have wanted to for a long time, but I don't want to lug the psx cd's with me too, so I made ISO files using Blindread. They run very fine in epsx, but can I be sure that they will run trough the whole game, or is it possilbe that the file contains errors withing somwhere, and if yes, how can I check for sure short of playing trough the whole game?

TIA,

Finster

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Finster: Every thing it's possible in this world... wellcome to reality!

Now, of course it's possible that the ISO might have some errors... but... And I think the only way to know that it is when u are recording the ISO... I never used Blindread so I can't help u with that one... but download CDRWin, U can get a demo version at www.cdrwin.com , create a ISO file with CDRWin , I've used it several times and It hasn't let me down.... yet, be sure that when creating the ISO u have the RAW read/write enable... if CDRWin as problems writting the ISO he'll let u know :p and tryies to correct them...

Hope this can help u

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
ISO images are usually very reliable. If the program gives you no errors in the imaging process then the image should be fine. The only possible errors would result from bad hard drive sectors (physical errors on the hard drive), lost file clusters (improper shutdown) or on very rare occasions cross-linked files (improper shutdown, very rare). Scandisk can check for all of the above errors.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Also its possible that a bad CD will give a bad ISO. I made an ISO of syphon filter 2 when I couldn't get past a certain level because of a freeze(the freeze happened on a real PSX) and the ISO had the same freeze. But if your using reliable CDs then scratch that worry off the list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts