Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Mysticales said:
ARG so my Athlon XP 3000+ wont work either BAH.

So really then what is everyone using???
I'm running:

1. Pentium 4 3.2Ghz
2. Athlon 64 X2 4800+

I believe there are older versions of SSF before they required a SSE2 capable processor. Not sure how the compatibility was though. If I remember correctly, no sound back then :(

Off topic: The Athlon system doesn't seem to be any faster than the P4 even with twice as much ram. So it seems that raw processor speed is better than having dual cores (4800+ being two 2400's).

· Registered
66 Posts
Borisz said:
Check the "use VDP1/2 Draw/CD Block thread" options. The checked part will then run in a different thread, so in theory SSF supports up to a quad cpu system.

You can also set the Slave CPU to 100% speed and the dot clock to higher for better compatibility, of course that will have a significant performance hit. Thats why a multicore CPU comes extremely handy.
Interesting. I'll have to test this out after work.
I remember someone mentioning to set Slave to 100% but didn't know that is was much of a performance hit. Maybe that's why certain games ran so slow on my P4 rig(NiGHTS, Die Hard Arcade, damn near every 3D fighter).

Thanks for the tips, Borisz.

EDIT:

OK I am now playing those games at full speed on my AMD system. Playing NiGHTS again also made me realize how great a game this is and how much I missed my Saturn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.