Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Athlon XP 1800+ and 512 DDR Ram. I get some slowdowns in Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. What are some good ways to improve performance without a good GFX card and without high frame skipping?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ceramiclion said:
More Ram would help. But why not get a GFX card you can get yourself an FX6800 and then you can enjoy some kick ass graphics.If money is the issue more ram would have to be it.
How would more Ram improve performance though? I'm not getting any stuttering, it's just the FPS is a bit low and I'm looking for some settings to turn down.

Also, my Radeon 9700 Pro recently died and so I'm stuck with this weird 2001 card.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
And use no screen filtering, that makes big slowdowns... the lightest one i think is 2xSaI.
See if your onbard card supports D3d, could speed up things a bit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
for all Nvidia Graphic Card users: to get the 98-100 % Emulation Speed in all Games with all useable filters you MUST activate the AGP Fastwrites feature, i do it with the software Rivatuner found here: http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

for ATI display card user, in SMARTGART display properties tab there is a check box called Fastwrite, turn it on can get the same effect.

·
VBA 2 developer
404 Posts
Here are some config tips from me:
API: DirectDraw
PixelFilter: None
TripleBuffering: On
VSync: off
No Motion Blur
Frame Skip: 0 or 1

I think 512MB Memory are enough, the graphics card is also ok, I think. The only thing that really helps VBA is a good processor.

I also have an AMD 1800+, but switched to my other PC with an Athlon XP 2500+ for development.

·
Member Since June 2004
150 Posts
hey since this topic is already made ill just post here. my brothers crappy computer is a E-mechines with an intel pentium 3 processor, 601 MGz and 512 RAM and it runs really sluggish (no clue there) the precentige is about 70-95% normal and 140-160% spead up now how can i improve his preformance without buying new parts for his computer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.