Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have E [email protected], 4Gigs of ram, HD3870 and winxp32. Is there any way to improve my performance in PCSX2 ? The only game that i can run at 60fps is DoDonPachi dai ou jou ... 3d games like tekken 5 or the red star work around 30fps with luck and other 2d games like espgaluda or arcana heart reach only 15-20fps. I messed around with all settings in pcsx2, including speed fixes, vu skip and others. I have sse4 and i don`t think any one of my hardware bottlenecks the emulator
any suggestion beside overcloking the CPU ?

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
To run tekken5 you need to run your cpu at near 3.6GHz
you can also get full speed if you use custom VU skip option of the pcsx2 playground, combined with the speed hacks enabled.

·
Registered
106 Posts
any suggestion beside overcloking the CPU ?
lol, I love people who say this ;)
"I want better performance out of my current parts - any suggestions on how to do this besides the only method of increasing performance without changing parts"
Makes me lol inside ^_^

And yes, Your CPU is bottlenecking the emulator. Everyone's CPU bottlenecks the emulator, it's just the way it goes.

Overclock ,overclock , overclock , and change that gfx card to something good , something nvidia
The 3870 is more than sufficient for PCSX2 o_O

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Overclock ,overclock , overclock , and change that gfx card to something good , something nvidia
I sense sarcasm ... dude has ati ;)
however, what i was asking was like a magic combo of settings to make stuff run better but i guess it`s not
on another note i would like to tell to the pcsx2 devs that the new Ati Stream is out and kicking - it`s the same as Cuda, it uses the GPU to perform CPU instructions. That could probably lead to a split in tasks between gpu and cpu and would make thinks faster. Good thing is that it`s open and free - just go to amd website, download sdk and you`re ready to go ;). [email protected], the Adobe suite (CS4), PowerDVD and Ati video encoder all use Stream with fast results. PCSX2 should benefit

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
No setting will give u more speed, just use all the speed hacks possible, if u are then u are screw unless u OC. At least OC it to 3.0GHz, it's not that hard and requires very little voltage.

I don't know what's up with @ deamonhunter, he's been saying Ati sux blah blah blah even though he owns one. At least 1 post per thread has that Ati sux speech of his, I don't really get his motives.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't know what's up with @ deamonhunter, he's been saying Ati sux blah blah blah even though he owns one. At least 1 post per thread has that Ati sux speech of his, I don't really get his motives.
I'm guessing he thinks his ATi sucks because he's not maxing out crysis... But his GPU is the only good part in his system, it's being bottlenecked by all his other components - so if I'm right and he's thinking ATi sucks because his system isn't maxing crysis or whatever, he's blaming the wrong component ;D

Either that or he's just being sarcastic by telling people to get nVidia. ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually a 4870 can max out Crysis easy. I own 4 different computers and all of the use and ATI card not necessarily because i`m an Ati fanboy (which i actually am) but because i get better performance per dollar. The current state of high-end graphics card is mostly like this - HD4870x2 kicks GTX280`s ass in both price and performance and middle range cards offer better performance per dollar. That doesn`t mean that during the 8800 era nvidia wasn`t on top or that i wouldn`t recommend nvidia to anyone.
Anyway, in order to not start a flame war, i`ll leave it here.
Thanks everybody for your replys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts