Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I just wanted to tell people, that if you have ANY game that is not currently working fine with AdriPSX (IE: it hings at certain point, etc...). You can send me a "savestate file" by mail.

I know that these files are almost 2MB in size, but they are less than 600Kb when zipped.

So, if you want to help AdriPSX to correctly run your favourite game, please do so. Also, please, send me data regarding what version of game where you using (if it is in japanese, english, spanish, etc) and what plugin where you using at the moment you took the savestate.

You can send them to [email protected]

Also, notice that several games that couldn't be run on last released version are already solved, as well as several bugs... but as we all know... the way to perfect emulation is a lot long.

If you have any question, please, reply here.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

Roor
We have been compiling a list for PSX Fanatics with some results posted...
we will try to put together some save states for you to use...We have a decent PSX collection so please be patient since you will recieve them randomly....

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, AdriPSX is supporting an INI file, that has data for automatically set "EXTRA CD-ROM" as well as activate/deactivate "CPU OPTIONS" in order to make some "disturbing" games without needing to change configuration.

So, if you know about games that needs some "special config", you can also mail me that about them.

I'll just need game code (the name of game's main file, something like scus1234.13 or slps5432.98) and the changes needed for that game (activate EXTRA CDROM, disable HLE, etc...)

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Roor

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hmm, finally it looks someone is going to use the save states and that too for a very good purpose of developing a very promising emulator.That reminds me of some of my earlier posts and polls about savestates(the work wasnt a waste after all).And adripsx save states will be under 600k,thats a great news.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmmm

And adripsx save states will be under 600k,thats a great news.
What Roor meant was that if you have a save state file in a part of a game that crashes use a "Zip" program to shrink the save state size to 600k, then email it to him....

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bobbi, our good webmaster, informed me that because several changes done by psxemu's provider, adripsx's mail available space has been drastically reduced... anyway, this will hopefully be solved no more than one week.

Please, excuseme for the inconvenience.

See ya, Roor.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Re: Hmmmm

Originally posted by Dark Watcher

What Roor meant was that if you have a save state file in a part of a game that crashes use a "Zip" program to shrink the save state size to 600k, then email it to him....
Ya , I got that at the first place.Thanks for telling again though.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
well prafull is just that you look like you didn´t understand that

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

Roor

We have submitted the following to you

Vandal Hearts
Master of Monsters

We have more to send, but must wait till you read due to mailbox space limitations...

The readme file in the zip has version info you requested

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

Sorry...we sent to [email protected] instead of [email protected]

We will resend..hope mailbox limit ok...sending:
Vandal Hearts
Master of Monsters
Ehrgiez

So far other testing is ok....Adripsx happens to be Final Fantasy friendly....so far
FF4
FF6
FF7
FF8

all work..testing 5 and 9 tonight....will keep updates coming...

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hehe... ;)

It is not [email protected] ...

it is [email protected]

Also... you can send them to

[email protected]

that's my mail at work, I'm sure it will arrive safer if you send them to this last adress.

Thanks a lot.

Roor.

Ps: Anyway, releasing AdriPSX as opensource doesn't mean that I'll stop working on it.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Just to let everyone know,
When you compress epsxe save states they have same ratio whatever software you use but adripsx save states are better compressed (more compression)as rar than as zip (but still I havent seen anything like 600kb).:)

*edit* Ok i got it below 700kb.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts