Next Generation Emulation banner

141 - 160 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
err.. yeah... i tried using the thing (not sure if i did it right) because the game i have been playing called TouHoumon (pokemon fire red copy, using different sprites for the characters) got the m1 subciruit problem because of a glitch. any ideas? it TouHoumon even on the thing? (it says fire red cheats and stuff would work, but i dont know about fixes...). this is driving me insane, please help.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Modified roms aren't supported and it can be assumed that any problems are the result of hacking the rom.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
No clue. As I said hacks like that aren't supported and by that I also mean support from the forum not just this tool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It says the 1M circuit board is missing, i'm assuming that's why it won't let me play once I beat the elite four in Fire red, will this fix that problem (For the VBA rom thingy) or do I need to download a different version of the game?

I am not computer how did I get here

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all.... i need help here.. i cant play boktai at my vba.. can anyone help me..... it juz say 'solar sensor is broken'...... someone pls teach me.... i'm using vba 1.8 beta...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well... given the time the answers to this post happened, idk if it'll be seen, but if you could help me, that'd be great.
I have a solution and a problem to this thing on the game pokemon leaf green.
I have tried the vba-over, added another line copying my rom name, as it was different, and using same settings, then tryed other settings as putting saveType=3 (there was no config) and the flash was still normal. I tried to change on emulator configs too to flash and 128k, which was recommended from http://releases.pocketheaven.com/?se...echeck_results, so i did some research on the post. Nothing worked.

However, the ips patch from No Frills (first post) worked perfectly, even using a japanese version for my english game, it worked fine.
Problem is, i was state saving from a long time in the game, and i dont want to lose it. But when i load the game, both ways on vba, i cant save anymore. Seems the patch only work if i dont load the game state. Is there a way to correct that?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Unfortunately not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings all,

First-time poster, sometime-reader. I've been playing Pokemon Leaf Green, and having not done my due diligence, have made substantial progress in the game with VBA save states, but am unable to save in-game (I receive the "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory" message, after confirming overwriting the "existing" save). Of course, when exiting the emulator, or exporting the battery file, a 128k .sav file is created, but attempting to import the file resets the ROM, and thus I have no data.

I've got the latest vba-over.ini, and have toyed with the emulator save type settings (changing to automatic, Flash 128k), but to no avail. I am, however, able to save in-game with these settings if I don't use the save file or the save states.

Short version: is it possible to edit the save states to be able to perform the in-game saves correctly? I saw mention of this possibility in some other threads; I even recall seeing that it's possible, but complicated.

I'm tech-savvy, so I could probably run with any of the technical knowledge needed to perform such a hack. I don't really know what to look for when hex editing my .SGM file, though; I presume that contains a "battery" portion of the save state that might be able to be edited so I could save properly.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
plz help >.<

That's not true. The VBA looks for the game code and settings.
For example: [BPEE] for Pokemon Emerald (U).
The name before that is just a label for the settings and is not read by the VBA. As long as you got the same rom thats in the ini (no matter what name it is) it should work.
so i don't speak coder and now i'm extremely confused, i downloaded the file, and put it in the same file as my vba, but it didn't change anything, my games still ain't working, they say 1m sub-circuit board not installed, i obviously did something wrong, but i have no clue what it is. is there any way you could help, in a language a computer illiterate can understand. thanks :3

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
The bit you quoted is irrelevant to it not working. That said I have no clue why it didn't work for you either though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi. I'm new to all this stuff, and I downloaded a rom to play pokemon fire red. However after I hit start I get the 1m sub-circuit board not installed message. I've changed the flash type to 128k, and downloaded the attachment here. But whenever I go to open it in VBA it only shows the .zip file(even though i've extracted it) and won't let me open it. What am I doing wrong?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
You downloaded a ROM which means you've committed an illegal action and therefore will receive no help here. Please read the site [rules]Rules[/Rules] and familiarize yourself with them before posting again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay. I've looked everywhere, but I can't find an answer. I use the latest VBA, and I've tried multiple ROMs (all from friends, not sure where they got them) of Pokemon Fire Red. I tried the attachment at the start of the thread, but still I get the message 'The 1m circut board is not installed.' I've never tried an emulator before, so sorry if I sould like a complete idiot. Please help?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Some tips on figuroing out the settings needed for the games:
Go to this address and search for the game in question:
http://releases.pocketheaven.com/?section=dupecheck_results
When you get to the info page for that game, you will see a lot of info. There are 2 main things you need to look for there, the serial and the save type. The middle 4 letters of the serial are what you put in brackets below the title of the game.
For example: Serial AGB-BPGD-NOE becomes [BPGD]
*Note: If you are uncertain which version of a game you have, open the game in VBA and click file->rom info and you will see the 4 letter code there.

The second thing you need is the save type and (only if flash) size, both are on the same line. Find what save type the game uses, and set saveType=# appropriately ("saveType=<0 for automatic, 1 for EEPROM, 2 for SRAM, 3 for Flash or 4 for
EEPROM+Sensor>
")
IF the save type is flash, set the flash size as well. (Figuring out the flash size can be a bit confusing. If the site says 512Kbit, then set flashSize=65536. If the site says 1024Kbit, then set flashSize=131072.)

Lastly, if it's a pokemon game, set rtcEnabled=1. A few other games might use the real time clock, but not very many.

For those who are curious, that site gives the flash size in Kbits, VBA gives it in Kbytes, and the vba-over.ini file gives it in bytes. There are 8 bits in a byte and 8Kbits in a Kbyte. If you divide the Kbits by 8, you will get the Kbytes. If you multiply the Kbytes by 1024, you will get the bytes. A simpler way to figure it out is to multiply the Kbits by 128, that will give you the bytes.
If you're thoroughly confused now, don't worry. You don't need to know this to use the vba-over.ini file, just follow the instructions in the rest of this post.
Some tips on spelling. The word is FIGURING! ;v)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fire Red restart issue

I'm playing fire red and I beat Gary after beating the elite four and I saved the game (by going to file: save game). After the credits roll it restarts from the beginning, anyone know a way that I can continue my game?

·
Maybe I'm a Lion
5,057 Posts
i'm playing fire red and i beat gary after beating the elite four and i saved the game (by going to file: Save game). After the credits roll it restarts from the beginning, anyone know a way that i can continue my game?
rtgdt

·
Registered
4 Posts
And I've already read everything about vba-over file, but I have no idea what I'm doing. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to do it step by step (more in depth than the original post to this thread). I started a new game, switched to flash 128 saving and it saves perfectly. My problem is that I have a save state where the credits are rolling so I have no way of saving in-game, it just makes me start over.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts