Next Generation Emulation banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm a bit new here, and wondering if anyone could help me. I know this is an old thread, but I just can't seem to get my save options to work at all. No matter what settings I have it on, which are normally Auto and Flash128K I can not save. Or rather I can save, but what files do show up are unable to play in the VGB. Sometime when I save no files show up at all and I have no idea how to access them, this normally happens when I use shift F1. I downloaded the VBA-overs into the same folder as the VBG, and this did nothing for me at all. I'm also not sure on how to delete any saved game data from using shift and F1, since there are no files that show up on my computer for them. Should I completely remove the VGB from my computer and re download it?

The game I'm having problems is with Pokemon Fire Red, and I'm using the 1.8.0 VGB.
Sorry for all the trouble.

EDIT:Never mind, I knew that as soon as I asked someone about it it would work for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
noob here

Then go to File>Open (not Open Gameboy...). The names used to describe the roms are based on No-Intro dat.

I assume i'm then meant to open the file i just downloaded, which i can't as it only lets me open files of gameboy or GBA type. Whatdo?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Is the file you're trying to open .gb, .gbc or .gba? Or if it's packed, is it the only file in the archive?

·
Registered
2 Posts
One more thing to note, that I've noticed is NOT mentioned in any tutorial. If you're using a vba-over.ini, look up the rom in question and make sure the name matches EXACTLY to the rom. If the vba-over.ini says Game (UE), make sure the rom says Game (UE).gba not Game (United States, English).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
Don't hijack threads with random problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to post in an old thread but the vba-over file didn't work. I don't know what the heck is going on. I'm using the FireRed Rom from DopeROMs, and VBA-link 1.8

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,629 Posts
You won't get help with downloaded ROMs here. They're illegal and thus against our [rules]Rules[/rules]
This basically also means you won't get help with this issue here even if you just choose to edit out that info or ask again omitting the info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mac OS X issues

Help please!
I have used emulators for years on my PC but now have a mac and cannot find an emulator that works reliably. I've downloaded several pokemon versions and all of them crash whenever I attempt to enter buildings, cannot load new screens after a time. despite looking trough all the preferences and surfing on-line for patches or other solutions that people have had I still cannot find a solution.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've tried everything mentioned on this thread, and I absolutely CANNOT get Fire Red to work in either VBA 1.7.2 or 1.8.0b3. That's including using VBA-Over and tweaking the memory settings. Is there anything I'm missing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
None of this has solved my problem of being able to save my game on pokemon fire red on VBA version 1.7.4 for mac. i have tried your patches, your flash speed 128kbps and 64kbps, and i have tried your .ini files and none of that stuff works at all. if someone can give me a legit solution to why i cannot save, it would be greatly appreciated. i just can't believe there's 7 pages of unhelpful info. someone at least direct me to a better website or something.... :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to put the ROM in the same file as the Visualboyadvance.exe file as well as the vba-over.ini file. Is there any way to get the .ini file to work if the ROM is not in the same directory as the executable file?

121 - 140 of 172 Posts