Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Don't assume anything. He never said where he got it, he never said he downloaded, who are you to put words in his mouth?
Good point, as illogical as it all is you can't prove anything without evidence no matter how obvious it is. Personally, I don't pirate anything and wouldn't condone anyone else pirating either. It's illegal and immoral.

However, if there's no evidence to prove that he did; it's not like it matters whether or not he pirated it or didn't. Even if he didn't; he'd still get the same answer. If he was more open about pirating roms, however; more than likely nobody on this forum would help him.

See, if you keep your mouth shut about the unholy taboos of the internet; people like you more.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Don't assume anything. He never said where he got it, he never said he downloaded, who are you to put words in his mouth?
If you can't help him, move on to another topic.

As for the topic, you're best bet is to take a look here: SNES Documents - Zophar's Domain
Jesus you mods are fickle as hell. I just saw someone lock a thread not last week for mentioning cart roms. Make up your damn minds.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
post a link and i'll tell you why.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Does anyone know how to change a smc file?

I'm playing Super Tennis, so is it possible to change colours, names, etc etc?
Well, you open the file in a hex editor. Go to the website Chrono Archangel pointed you to for a bunch of those.

Then what you do next depends on how familiar you are with the SNES ROM structure. The website I mentioned (the one Chrono Archangel posted, once again) also has a fair number of documentations.

Sorry, there's no easier way. At least not for Super Tennis.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
Jesus you mods are fickle as hell. I just saw someone lock a thread not last week for mentioning cart roms. Make up your damn minds.
Whatever the mod decided in another thread is his business.
I'll have to ask you to not "act" as a mod by replying and simply use the report function if you judge a thread is of questionnable nature (this will also prevent cases like this where I have to disagree with your post in public). We do not want to confuse newcomers as to who is a mod/admin as they may not be aware of our star system.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Spyhop, if you can find that thread pm it to me and i'll tell you where the difference was.&

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes it is VERY MUCH possible to rip ROMs LEGALLY from games you yourself purchaces. Used copier can be bought here:
*deleted web address because I don't want a run on the stores when gamers realize you can actually get these still, as I don't want them sold out before I buy mine*
and here:
*deleted web address because I don't want a run on the stores when gamers realize you can actually get these still, as I don't want them sold out before I buy mine*

Or you can make them yourself (homebrew) LEGALLY or download LEGALLY homebrew games that have been released to the public domain by their creators.

I'm trying to make my own game and I want to include my own game name. I know there's data in standard for SNES games' internal headers (not counting additional headers appended by copier devices if used). In the middle of this jungle of data that is the game's header, specifying everything from video standard used NTSC/PAL to licensee (nintendo, capcom, bandai, etc), there are 22 bytes dedicated to specifying the title of the software (such as "Super Mario World ") and yes spaces are added for padding if the name is to short. Now I've read this is true, but I don't know how to go about editing to assign my own name. I've been fortunate enough to find some PD source code from a tutorial, but everything EXCEPT and SNES game header is in the assembly code (presumably it's added by the assembler itself to make the game runnable and it ALWAYS leaves the game_title field blank). Since there I found no way to edit the title BEFORE assembly, I'm going to need to edit it AFTER assembly with some kind of editing software. Now I've been looking for
"snes header editor"
"snes info editor"
"snes rom info editor"
"snes game name editor"
etc
etc
etc

in google search, and find ABSOLUTELY FREAKING NOTHING that will do what I need. Please direct me to such a program that I might have overlooked, or write such a program for me, or give me the specifications I'll need for this one task so I can make my own editor in VB6 (don't direct me to online articles/wikis that provid the entire SNES game header specification, as I just need to know how to edit the game_title or game_name field or whatever it's called).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.