Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've read in several places that music/sound can really slow emulation, so I'm trying to disable the sound. But whenever I uncheck the little "enable sound" button in the plugin menu, the ISOs no longer load and just give me a black screen at startup. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong here? Thanks :)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
where are you reading so i can clobber them?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
generally the only reason someone would want to disable the sound is so they can listen to something else, music cds for example, and still have epsxe running in the background but without any sound interference from it. other than that you should not have or want to disable the sound for anything.

if you are actually getting lag the most likely culprits are either going to be inadequate hardware, incorrect video plugin settings, or a combination of the two.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
onboard video does not work well with the OGL2 but thats about it, you should be able to use the D3d, OGL1 or software plugins just fine though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.