·
No$gba Philosopher
547 Posts
For those looking into how to use Files.lst, this is how you create them:

Example:

Code:
JWPoolDS.ds.gba>SLOT\homebrews\JWPoolDS.ds.gba
Copy>SLOT\homebrews\copy.gba
JWPoolDS.ds.gba is a homebrew ROM released to the public domain. copy.gba is an identical copy of JWPoolDS.ds.gba.

The syntax for Files.lst is shown:

Code:
[NAME of ROM]>[RELATIVE FILE PATH WITHOUT WHITESPACES]<LINEBREAK>
Where [NAME of ROM] is whatever name you give, [RELATIVE FILE PATH] is the filepath relative from No$gba, and <LINEBREAK> is where you press the ENTER key. This filepath starts from the current working directory of where No$gba.EXE is located, or starts from where the /SLOT folder. In my example, I nested the GBA rom in /homebrews folder directory, and put /homebrews in the /SLOT folder directory. It must ends in .BIN, .ZIP, .GBA, .NDS, or any file format that No$gba supports.

Filepath separators MUST BE backslashes, and not forward slashes.

\

I highly recommend you to use HxD Hex Editor, or use No$gba 's Utility Text Editor provided with the Debugger full version in the latest 2.8d version. (As of June 6, 2016)

·
No$gba Philosopher
547 Posts
I'm just going to add Nocash's post here, considering that it's relevant to this discussion:

Yes, looks as if you got it. The first part could be any text string (with description or whatever you want), and doesn't need to resemble the filename, and doesn't need an extension.
That files.lst feature is pretty old (from around 1994 or so), the main purpose has been assigning "friendly names" to 8-letter DOS filenames - which isn't really useful anymore nowadays.

I don't know if anybody (aside from yourself) is still using that feature at all... it could be useful to compile a list with favorite files, or to link to files in other folders... but I am afraid that it's mostly causing confusion.
What do you think about it? Is that feature still good for anything? I've been wondering if I should remove it completely - I've already omitted it in newer emus (for SNES and PSX), and so far nobody complained about not having the files.lst thing in that emus.

Cu, Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts