Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky, when I got the money saved for a Wii, I called Gamestop to see if any Wii systems came in that day, they said none came in, so I asked them when they were going to get any Wii. They told me they still had a few in from an earlier shipment, so I asked if they could hold one until I got there and they said sure, as I was only 15 minutes away from the store. It was nice to get a Wii.

The DS I purchased was going to be used as a warranty replacement, but the customer had already picked up a warranty replacement. It was the last one and the same color as my Game Boy Advance SP, Red.

I've played the DS quite a bit and I like the Wii as well, but I'm glad I didn't stand in line for hours for either system.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
I had to wait in line for my Wii on release day.

My PS3 on the other hand I purchased off of Amazon.com. The guy was selling his 60GB (yup, hardware emulated PS2) for $380 USD. I gladly paid the man and my PS3 showed up a week later. Nowadays it's no longer a 60GB as I gave it my laptop's old 250GB HDD as a hand-me-down. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
EB Games did a Wii preorder. I showed up an hour before they opened and waited in line, got my pre-order and went to work. Release day came and I walked out of the store with my pre-ordered Wii in front of 50 people lined up outside who had no pre-orders and I happily announced I got the last extra nun-chuk too. LOL, I'm such an *******. :)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Literally walked into the stores on both PS3 and Wii, they were all in stocks with bulking supply, and were all before big sale dates (PS3 on 12/23, right before Christmas, and Wii on Black Friday last year, and I mean... no waiting in line or anything.

360 is everywhere so let's just say that one didn't have any problem, either. :p

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
I was lucky, when I got the money saved for a Wii, I called Gamestop to see if any Wii systems came in that day, they said none came in, so I asked them when they were going to get any Wii. They told me they still had a few in from an earlier shipment, so I asked if they could hold one until I got there and they said sure, as I was only 15 minutes away from the store. It was nice to get a Wii.

The DS I purchased was going to be used as a warranty replacement, but the customer had already picked up a warranty replacement. It was the last one and the same color as my Game Boy Advance SP, Red.

I've played the DS quite a bit and I like the Wii as well, but I'm glad I didn't stand in line for hours for either system.
[offtopic]Next gen system?[/offtopic]

This is nearly 2009 people, these consoles have been out for YEARS.

current gen kthxby

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Took me months to get a Wii. It was originally intended to be a Christmas gift the year it was released, but I never got it until that following February.

Getting a 360 this Christmas. It was pretty easy, they had a stack of like 50 Pro units on the Wal-Mart shelf. Then again, it is in its what third year. Rock Band 2, however, was a lot harder to find.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
My PS3... Got it as a christmas present last year:p Along with Assassins Creed & NFS Carbon. I just really hope they'd make more jrpgs for it, or well rpgs at all actually...

Is there supposed to be problems with getting it?

Nowadays it's no longer a 60GB as I gave it my laptop's old 250GB HDD as a hand-me-down. :rolleyes:
How'd you do that? I'm asking as I have the 40GB version... Just interested, its pretty much empty besides the games and some mp3's.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
My PS3... Got it as a christmas present last year:p Along with Assassins Creed & NFS Carbon. I just really hope they'd make more jrpgs for it, or well rpgs at all actually...
Disgaea 3 is out for US. The Last Remnant is supposed to come out soon, and at least we are going to get Final Fantasy Versus XIII or XIII soon. If you are bored out of your mind, grab Disgaea 3 and see if you can beat that game in 2 years (seriously). Or go play Little Big Planet. :p (I wub it!)

How'd you do that? I'm asking as I have the 40GB version... Just interested, its pretty much empty besides the games and some mp3's.
Pop the HDD door to the side of the console, pop the HDD inside, push the new HDD in.

The PS3 uses a SATA 2.5" HDD that is common in laptops, so it's very easy to swap out drives. If you want, you can have one drive for Linux, one drive for movies and stuffs, and one drive for demos... or any other kinds of combo you would like to have.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I don't have one yet, but I imagine the justification of actually buying one would be the biggest hassle.

·
Controller Freak
165 Posts
i was saving up money for... a car...
anyway, i wanted an xbox 360 but since we don't have guarantee here (and my money was all save up for that 4 wheel thing), i was thinking about getting a ps3 IN TIME. no rush.
my friend kept insisting me to get one, since he was going to buy one for himself. one day he calls me and asks me to go with him, to retire his new 40 gb ps3.

needles to say, 10 nanoseconds later, my funds were in my pocket, my pocket in a car, and the car parked near the store. i got an 80gb MGS4 edition. i don't regret it...
we came home and took a few pics of us with the ps3s. what u say? u wanna take a look at some nerdy pics? they are at the bottom. including a realistic depict of what videogames do to people. NOT.

back on subject, 3 weeks ago i got a wii, and i loooooove it.

edit: i wrote anywals instead of animals in the first pic. blame the controllers for being around.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
yeah, I keep having that problem as well....
I think it's problematic when the PSP is the only system from this generation that I've really wanted to get so far. I might go Xbox 360 if/when MS ever gets off their butt and makes the Jasper model with Blu-ray support, but eh. I need a decent TV to make it worthwhile, and at this point there aren't enough decent games for the system to make it a must have for me.

On the other hand, I hear Wiis are tough to come across, which is somewhat ironic when there isn't anything that even interests me on that system. :p

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I watched Wal Mart sell out Wii systems over Christmas online, whereas the 360 had 2 bundles sold out and the PS3 had no bundles sell out.

I just thought it was amusing, but I don't hate the PS3 and I want a 360.

***Eventually***

The DS systems sold out too, even the girl bundle.... ;)

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,650 Posts
oh yeah, I did have a DS, but not anymore... bought it on the European launch day, no shortage problems. Sold it 2 years later when the direction it was going in became obvious and I hadn't used it in half a year.

I also very briefly had a PSP which I bought in a rush at absolutely the wrong moment and which I pretty quickly sold again after barely using it. There were plenty of 'em, at that time, it was the second version.

Maybe I'd buy a PSP again at some point... DS is less likely. I like the 360 but I can't justify buying one (also because of the additional costs for Live! and a new TV). The PS3 does not interest me much atm. Wii... maybe.
Besides, my pc runs current games well and there's an awful lot of multi-platform games out there that also see pc releases....

·
Registered
10,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It appears the DS is now targeting girls *female children* and blowing off adults and boys. I'm happy though, I have ~25 DS games and I like most of them, other than dumping the Atari Remixed, I can't think of any other crappy DS games I've purchased...

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,082 Posts
The wii was a hassle, got it a year after release date....(we get like 30 on our island yearly...silly kmart). The ps3 was a simple trip to amazon. Bought a 40gig MGS4 special edition(gun metal grey ps3, not just a bundle) for 400 bucks, was worth it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts