1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a Geforce 8 + a new possessor = Less than 500$?

Cool. lets just hope that I wouldn't need to buy a new mother board to fit the new possessor lol

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
That would depend on what hardware you currently have. For a Wolfdale you probably don't want to put it in anything lower than Intel's P35 chipset. What will be the purpose of your PC? PS2 emulation? PC Gaming? [email protected]? :evil:

·
Registered
640 Posts
That would be a good question...

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be a good question...
please Stop the necro posting ;)

I now have a geforce 9500 and its working cool.
why is this thread alive?? o.o

my graphic card appeared to be stuck in my mother board lol
but any ways I just put a geforce9800 and its working 70-60% speed on my Genuine intel and geforce9800 :evil: , i don't know if its a little slower than intel core or any thing but its doing its job till now :thumb:

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
Let me shed some light on your CPU. "GenuineIntel" is not a CPU type itself, but judging from your instruction sets and the ones lacking, and the fact that it has two cores, you have a Pentium D, which would do "okay", but worse of all the dual core CPUs there are, for PCSX2 (or anything, really). The Pentium D is just a dual core Pentium 4. It doesn't even really come close to comparing to a Core 2 at 3GHz, even if the Pentium D is at 5GHz (and I'm not joking, as it took a 5GHz Pentium 4 to match an Athlon FX back years ago, and the Athlon FX isn't as fast as the Core 2 at 3GHz).

·
Banned
76 Posts
I recently got a GTS 250 (9800gtx+) and a new PSU works great on dolphin, no gfx bugs like on my old ATI X series was showing

Im also about to upgrade my Cpu,mobo,ram (was running X2 ,ddr1,lame mobo with no OC option at all)

Ive decided on a E7500 + 2x2gb dual channel DDR2 800(cheap:thumb:) And a Some sort of Asus p45 mobo

The E7500 has a multi of 11 and OC very well,if you want to spend a lil bit more get E8000 series with bigger L2 cache ,but it wouldnt make much diff really:thumb:

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,425 Posts
Get he CPUz program if you can't or don't know how what's your computer full specs. And Pentium D is pretty much a single core pentium 4 processor... If you want a real dualcore processor then get a Core 2 Duo CPU ;p The difference is day and night, stop living the 1990's computing world..

·
Rpcs3 user :D
781 Posts
Ive decided on a E7500 + 2x2gb dual channel DDR2 800(cheap:thumb:) And a Some sort of Asus p45 mobo

The E7500 has a multi of 11 and OC very well,if you want to spend a lil bit more get E8000 series with bigger L2 cache ,but it wouldnt make much diff really:thumb:
I've read that E7500 are good for overclocking, you can reach 3.4 easy:).

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let me shed some light on your CPU. "GenuineIntel" is not a CPU type itself, but judging from your instruction sets and the ones lacking, and the fact that it has two cores, you have a Pentium D, which would do "okay", but worse of all the dual core CPUs there are, for PCSX2 (or anything, really). The Pentium D is just a dual core Pentium 4. It doesn't even really come close to comparing to a Core 2 at 3GHz, even if the Pentium D is at 5GHz (and I'm not joking, as it took a 5GHz Pentium 4 to match an Athlon FX back years ago, and the Athlon FX isn't as fast as the Core 2 at 3GHz).
Dolphin says I have 2 cores. and says I have Genuine Intel
how ever I get a 50-60%-40% Speed (with bad sound and most of the stages and all the movies) but yeah. its working alright and does the job. I don't think I have problems except of bad sound. I Now have geforce9500 with 1GB and Open LG renders with no problems and the speed as mentioned... still 1 question worth upgrading? the Speed is playable really but no as fast as real wii would Intel core 3GHZ give me a great peace of speed?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,584 Posts
As I said in my post, you have a Pentium D (which is a dual core Pentium 4 CPU), and yes, a 3GHz Core 2 CPU will smoke your current CPU.

However, you'll need to make sure your motherboard supports it.

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As I said in my post, you have a Pentium D (which is a dual core Pentium 4 CPU), and yes, a 3GHz Core 2 CPU will smoke your current CPU.

However, you'll need to make sure your motherboard supports it.
So basically if that happens I can get Full Speed by using dolphin and other emulators?

I saw what you did there!
What did he do their :mad:

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
So basically if that happens I can get Full Speed by using dolphin and other emulators?
For the most part, yeah. I don't know anything about Dolphin, but with PCSX2, if you want high resolution and graphical quality on certain games, then a 4GHz dual-core is needed to achieve playable speeds.

An E8400 can easily overclock to 4GHz. Heck! Even some lucky E7200s manage to pull of 3.8 on decent cooling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.