Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Other High Speed Internet

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you have 56K connections where you mostly use internet weather it be your home u are online most or work

there may be an older thread about this(actually there is 2 of them this year :p ) , but i dont care, people upgrade internet connection very fast when not sattisfied, so please answer, just curious ;)

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I use a 56k connection and it doesn't seem like I'll upgrade it anytime soon... fortunately for me I have a 512k ADSL connection at work...

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh yeah, i forgot, 128/64 ADSL (seems like isdn lol)

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
512 dsl connection, 56k is pure torment for me now

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I'm in 56k heaven and will be for years to come:(.Won't be upgrading connection for quite a while.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
4000/512 Cable here. :cool:

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,477 Posts
DSL!But I begun with a 28.8k .... so many good memories :heh:

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
Cable. I guess it's about 2.5 Mbits.

Like everyone else, I can never, ever return to 56K. I'm addicted to high speed :D.

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
56k, use to be cable but the rate is going up in here and I can't afford it ATM.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
It's not to uncommon really to not have DSL or cable in your area....I live just far enough outside of the St. Louis area to not have either service available, and that isn't very far....about 30 miles outside of the main city limits and about 15 miles outside of the county limits. So I'm still stuck on 56k too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
used to have 56K, then moved to 128K about 2 yrs later.. then 512k and the company changed it to 600K for free soon after, then moved to 1MB and the company changed it to 1.5mb (T1) upload is only 30KB/s but max download ive seen is 180Kb's thats very fast for the uk.

i know someone in my grandfathers street that ordered cable, but found out dial up was cheaper so moved back to that.. :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm on ye olde 56k connection. Whats really annoying is, my dad won't upgrade it to 512k for an extra £2 a month untill I get a job but if I do get a job he said he'll pay for it anyway :rolleyes:

But I guess when I do get a job i'll just go straight for a 2mb connection and pay the extra. But untill then i'm stuck with this slow crap :(

1 - 20 of 68 Posts