Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Unusual_Rex said:
I know PCSX 2 is in early development but, what are the FPS you guys get and what's your configuration? I get about 1 FPS.
For many games, this is a very typical speed. But I think this borderlines breaking a rule. So careful what info you ask for, ok?;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Its just stupid question, there is too many games and results can changes from 1-15fps in 3D games to 40-50fps in 2D games also it depens on emulation method - interpreter,recompiler,or VUrecs with recompiler... And don`t forget about PC specs too...

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Unusual_Rex said:
Well I have 2 PC's. 1 PC has Pentium 4 and a good graphic card and the other has a GREAT graphic card but a crappy CPU.
Put the "GREAT" gfx card into the PC with the better CPU, this only seems logical to me.;)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well I have 2 PC's. 1 PC has Pentium 4 and a good graphic card and the other has a GREAT graphic card but a crappy CPU.
Wow, by this I can tell you EXACTLY what FPS you`ll get.:lol:
Really now, it`s to dependent on machine and on the plugins (and the emulator,of course). If you want a range, then I`ll say around 1-2 FPS in 3D if you`re using Recompiler or Interpreter (which are the most compatible modes), or 3-10 FPS in VUrec (there are chances that your game crashes with this mode).
If you want to know, you shouldn`t really concern yourself with how much FPS people get. You won`t find miracles here (~40-50 FPS in 3D) so no point in asking.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I would but I'm not supposed to even have games on the other PC, and I'm no techno whiz so I have no clu on how to do that.
You could do it by asking someone who knows how to do it.
Have knowledege, Emulation Requires.
PC needs to be very up to date on hardwares.

Most of the PC's most members have provided them more FPS than that. It is some prob of your PC. Mine gives minimum 25FPS in bios and 10 FPS in most games. Well maximum gets more than that.

As said by a fellow member you need A computer of good hardware and some decent PCSX2 Plugins and some knowlede of COMP To emulate games at this remarkable stage of PCSX2's development.

And by the Way,
:) Welcome to the forum :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.