Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmmm, My Gamecube is 2 1/2 years old.
My Playstation died after 6 years of use. The 'current' one is used so I don't know how old it is...
My Super Nintendo after 7 years of use. The second one is used, I dunno how old it is...
My Dreamcast was barely a year old *but under warranty* thank God! The second one is 5 years old.
My first Sega Genesis barely lasted a year but it was under warranty and the replacement is going on 11 years old.
My Nintendo 64 is used. I have no idea how old it is.
:thumb:

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Gamecube a year now.
PS2 almost 3 years of no use (replaced twice in the first week though because we got it used with warranty).
Genesis lasted 3-4 years back in the day.
PSX is still goin after a looooong time (dont know exactly and used when we got it).
Sold my N64 but it lasted a few years also.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
none of my consoles Died, I rule. :laugh:

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What consoles do you have?

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Same here Nevermore.

Having a Nintendo from 1989 that still works in tip top shape, bot to mention every other console/handheld I own. The only thing that "dies" on me are controllers. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
only console i've ever had break was ps1 it lasted about 6 years other then that i've had nes 17 years snes 12 years genesis 13 years n64 7 years cube about 1 year. only problem i ever had with those was wearing out the nes controller ;) in case your wondering i started playing games when i was 3 and by the time i was 4 i was good enough to beat zelda. unfortunately i don't have time for many games anymore so i only have my pc and cube from the current gen :(

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
It seems tons of people have their controllers die... that's actually never happened to me on any console EXCEPT for PC gamepads, which I've had terrible luck with (I've had terrible luck with all control peripherals for the PC - gamepads, mice, keyboards, etc.). Anyway...

Atari 2600 - 1983-current (I haven't tried it any time recently, but last time I checked, it still worked... edit: I THINK we got it in '83 which means it's been going for almost 22 years... that's pretty tough)
NES - 1987-1999 (at which point it didn't "die" although it wasn't exactly 100% reliable... but my brother and I took it apart)
SNES - 1992-current
PSX - 1997-current
N64 - 2000-current
PS2 - 2002-current
DC - 2003-current
GC - 2003-current

I'm actually surprised that some of you guys had failed SNES's and Genesises, I don't really know of anyone else who's had either one die. Same goes for pretty much ALL the cart-based systems, EXCEPT the NES, which usually broke cause of the ****tiness of the spring-load system.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not very lucky with mice. My Logitech Marble Mouse died after 4 years. It started 'double clicking' instead of single clicking, I guess the contacts are going on it.
I've been lucky with my current PC joysticks. I have 2 Sony Playstation Dual Shocks hooked up via USB converter, they're both over 4 years old. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder *Gameport* that's at least 6 years old and a Gravis Game Pad Pro that's at least 6 years old as well...
Sadly my Playstation to Dreamcast converter broke after 4 years *Sniff*...

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive only had one system die on me and that was a sega genesis,but its not really dead it still works fine,i have to wiggle where the ac adaptor goes in to get power to it,all the other systems ive had(about everything mainstreem(sp)) work just fine til lthis day,but i dont have a ps2(got rid of it for an x-box) and i got them pretty close to when they came out my playstation is almost 10 years old,and my nes is almost 19 but ive had to clean it out before

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I had a genesis for more than 4 years and it never experienced any problems, same with my dreamcast... I had a SegaCD model 1 and the cd len died in less than 2 years. Snes and GBA never gave any problem...

·
Banned
118 Posts
NES: Unknown (Maybe 92) - Present. Still works great
SNES: 95 - Present. No problems, and I use it more than my Xbox
Sega Genesis: 93 - Present. I keep it to play Sonic Pinball :p
Xbox (First one): April 24, 2004, 6:00PM - April 24, 2004, 6:01PM...The power supply blew up...
Xbox (Current one): Two days later - Present. Works fine, but DVD's dim in and out of quality alot.

I still have a Gameboy, and that was in 91, and I still play Mario Land 2 and Zelda: Links Awakening on it alot...Wasn't sure if it was considered a console, though...

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
i dont keep track of how long my console last but ps2 only lasted a year : /
i still have my nes ;)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
My NES is from '89
My GameBoy is from '94
My SNES is a UK-firstgen.
My Genesis is a first gen MegaDrive-II
My PSX is from 1997
My N64 is from 1998
My Saturn was bought second hand in 2002
My PS2 is another UK firstgen
My XBox was bought in November.
There are probs more, but I cannae remember them all. Oh, they all work.

·
Registered
148 Posts
well my first console was the sega i bought it 8 years ago and it is still working because i bought the super Nintendo after one year so the sega was collecting dust in my closet. i never had a PS so i bout my PS2 2 years ago and it is still working. after 6 month form getting my PS2 i got the xbox and GC and they are still working up to now. i never had a dream cast nor a N64 but i used my xbox and GC to cover up for the old classics that were released on these consols.
i am a pc gamer as well most of the games i play are on pc. i change my pc every three years.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I have a Nes for maybe more than 10 years now, and AFAIK it worked the last time I played that one. Now it's in a box somewhere :p That's my first nes, later when I went collecting second handed NES games who ppl did away for 5 gilders I was forced to buy the nes that came with it, so I have another spare nes, and one modded NES which is still in my room which plays NTSC US games as well. Both the second handed ones I don't know how old they are but I think they still work. The modded one works for sure, though it's only standing their for the show now :p

My Dreamcast, which I now have for one and a half year has always worked fine, except the fan made an extreme noise. Later I found out that it was dried completely, so I gave it some oil and now it works fine (still a bit noisy though ;))

Edit: I totally forgot about my gameboy, which I have for 8 years I think, and it is still working, even though it's second handed. The only problem I have is with the screen, I'm missing about 4 complete columns of pixels :???:

Btw, my brother was really great at torturing NES gamepads... he killed 2 of them :damnyou: :hdbash:

When he was playing a game at a certain day, and he couldn't win, I caught him smacking the controller on the ground, and he started JUMPING on it oO

That was the last time in years he was allowed to play with it :rolleyes:

He also made his gameboy go psycho by hitting the screen and throwing with it. The screen is patched on it with tape, cause he managed to punch it out. And his gameboy didn't play games well for about a year after it got too much of a beating, and the games crashed every time. It took about a year for the poor thing to recover.

My brother cooled down a bit ever since then. I now allow him to play with the DC. But he still doesn't like it if I beat the crap out of him in games, therefor he only wants to play coop games :rolleyes:

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Well, my brother sold my NES and SNES...This is why you don't do drugs kids...heh...well all is well now between him and I. Anywho, my PSX(now at my brother's...heh) is wow...8 years old now...umm my dreamcast is about 4 years old. It would reset randomly but I found a thing online and fixed it. my ps2 is 1 year old...and my PC is now 2 years old...I also have the first game boy, I check it a year ago, still plays well, gba is going strong, bought that for 7 bucks used with a game, so I dont' know how old it is. and I found a game Gear and it still works...so yeah...Not really any problems here.

·
Banned
784 Posts
My Micro Genius 1993-1997
My PS1 1999-2004(Lens Bad)
My XBOX(2004-????) DVD drive acting weird.

No money to fix them so they are just there.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts