Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
2006 is the year that marks the first decade since i've stumbled upon a emulator. If i remember correctly, the first emulator i used was massage, i think.

Oh god, i remeber almost crying when i saw megaman x running on VSMC (in that time, we played at 10fps, and we didn't complain! :thumb:)

massage / mastergear (sms), nesa / ines / nesticle (nes), genem / genecyst (genesis)...remember bloodlust software???

davesclassics (became vg-networking) and zophar (still active!) for news.

*snip snip* was the place to go if you were looking for genesis..err..humm **cough cough** roms...

those were good times...

Ps.: take a look here for trip back in time

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
Well I first got into emulation 8 years ago when I kept begging my dad for the gameboy game, Pokemon Blue. So he went on the internet and got me the rom and the emulator and I've been using emulators ever since.

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
I would say about 4 years ago, some friends and me were talking about super mario for the SNES, and well we downloaded it from some p2p server and I met the zsnes then well since then I've been into emulation and still am, till today my fav emulator is the snes might be because I love the console ;)

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
Isn't this stepping into the gray/black area a little too much? Just refrain from expresing wherever you got your files from and you'll help getting the thread and the forums open :nod:

Hmm... as for me it was with Kgen, the sega genesis emulator. I think I started playing back when I got on junior high school, which was back on the 97... so around 8-9 years I'd guess.

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
Proto said:
Isn't this stepping into the gray/black area a little too much? Just refrain from expresing wherever you got your files from and you'll help getting the thread and the forums open :nod:

Hmm... as for me it was with Kgen, the sega genesis emulator. I think I started playing back when I got on junior high school, which was back on the 97... so around 8-9 years I'd guess.
I simple said p2p...didn't mention any names =P

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
My first was Nesticle. I guess that was about 10 years ago.:p Then ZSNES, and onto waiting quite some time for Sega CD emulation to become a reality, which finally happened.:D But when these next gen consoles started becoming emulation projects, that's when I decided to take the step from being a spectator to taking a part in the scene as much as I could.:)

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,325 Posts
Well I would sat that I've started to be very active in emulation during the release of PSX emulator like Bleem... so that would be 2001...

·
カラム
365 Posts
Well I've been here about 5 years....Well, it started like this:

About 5 years ago, I had my N64 and my Mario 64 game. I lost it and couldn't find my game. That was when my Dad introduced emulation to our computers by download Nemu64 and the Mario 64 Rom, that was when I took part in emulation in 2005 where I would be apart of the Emulation community. And to this day, I've been emulating NES, to Sega CD, to Gamecube. Well, yeah.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
about 10 or 11 years, i've been owning an emulation scene since then. ;)

·
InnarX
2,759 Posts
Proto said:
That is also, pretty much, the same time I got into emulation. Specifically, my older brother downloaded KGen and one other emu....I can't remember exactly which one, but it was also DOS based...Genecyst or something along those lines. So, it has been about 8 years or so.

I then experimented with SNES emulation, using ZSNES, and branched off to look at as many console emu's that I could.

Although, i'd have to say that it was ePSXe that REALLY spiked my interest, especially back in the day. Having to share a PSOne with a fellow sibling can be a pain in the rear, so they could play it on the T.V, and i'd play on my computer at 1280x1024 with everything on highest. :D

Although, to be honest, the last project that I will follow is PCSX2. I am very keen on playing all the games I have on graphic settings that will be mind-blowing. Any other console emu's, especially new-gen i.e. PS3, XB360 etc, I won't really follow up on. Besides, GC and XBX isn't at a stage for proper emulation, so if that be the case......what about the next-gen consoles?

Regardless, I will always look in to see how the emu scene is handling. :)

r2rX :D

·
The Vodka Theme
747 Posts
my first emulator was nesticle. i didn't know it was an emulator though, i was only 9 at the time. just played ff mario and dragon quest :) (btw i had like 300 roms).

at about 14 i really understood what i was doing and really started digging into it.

so.. i'm into emulation for 8 years. though i didn't know about it half the time.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
4-5 Years ago, I jumped into emulation with VGS. Then bro installed Win2000 on his PC so I had to look for some other solution and found a number of emus and without reading anything, ran AdriPSX. It gave weird weird glitches. :p
Then I started off with epsxe. But haven't been into emulation for the past 3 years :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm, i don't remember exactly when I started fiddling with emulation, but it was at least 11 years ago. I was looking for info about MSX and came across a very early version of fmsx and Compujunks MSX Emulator. It was a protected mode application, so I couldn't run it in my 286 :p. <nostalgia> The only place from where I could access Internet was the uni, and we used text-only terminals working under UNIX (I used lynx to browse the net ;)). I still remember how impressed i was when the MSX start screen was displayed in my monitor for the first time (I had a powerful 386 @16 MHz by that time :D)</nostalgia>

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Dark Watcher said:
damn we feel old now...The days of Sardu...
one hell of a coder, if i may say so...callus was the best emu for cps-1 :D
(before the craze with cps-2 started - xor table releases anyone??)

and you guys remember when PSEmuPro started playing commercial games? i remember friends laughing at me when i showed kof97 running on my computer (p200 mmx back then) at just 7fps or so

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Luengo said:
Hmmm, i don't remember exactly when I started fiddling with emulation, but it was at least 11 years ago. I was looking for info about MSX and came across a very early version of fmsx and Compujunks MSX Emulator. It was a protected mode application, so I couldn't run it in my 286 :p. <nostalgia> The only place from where I could access Internet was the uni, and we used text-only terminals working under UNIX (I used lynx to browse the net ;)). I still remember how impressed i was when the MSX start screen was displayed in my monitor for the first time (I had a powerful 386 @16 MHz by that time :D)</nostalgia>
fmsx...this brings me a lot of memories from my old Gradiente MSX. It was also one of the first emulators i came across.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.