Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that 40 to 60 minutes was the average time to create a clonecd image of a psx game...
until I tried to bring my Smackdown2 to the office and .. :eyes: it took less than 15 minutes.

what made the difference?
-my home pc is quite slow - k62-500 with jetway mobo, 256mb ram, AOpen 52x CDROM (AKH something)
but not very much behind
-the unit at the office which is an Acer PIII 633 with 128mb ram and an AOpen 52x (but not the same model as my CDROM at home)

Is it the CDROM, CPU, motherboard or just incorrect setup?
Are there software (CDRWin, CDSpace, BlindRead... whatever) which make ISO's faster than the CloneCD?

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Using CDRWIN I take around 15-20 minutes each cd. The problem most times is the cdrom drive.

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
well it depends on the game:). It took me about 10 minutes to make an ISO of THPS2 with Blindread

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Clone cd and 40 to 60 minutes?Thats strange.Because I think that only thing the time to make an image is dependent upon is your cd rom speed(and yours is good with 52x).
I have only 12X cd drive and I use clone cd .It usually takes around 10 to 20 minutes to make an image(depending upon type of cd).The cds that troubled me most were resident evil 2 cds(each took over 30 minutes).Speed was good till 92% and then suddenly it was very was slow.
I dont know how much time other software takes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts