Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't played it but i want to know how good it is,does it take way longer before you get good weapons and armor,i would appreciate your guys answers:).

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I'd say it's better than Vice City. But it WILL take a while...keep in mind while Vice City is just a city, San Andreas is a STATE. 3 major cities...like 12 or 15 smaller towns, and all the countryside inbetween. It is a large undertaking, that's for sure....but it IS a great game.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Jldnr77 said:
I'd say it's better than Vice City. But it WILL take a while...keep in mind while Vice City is just a city, San Andreas is a STATE. 3 major cities...like 12 or 15 smaller towns, and all the countryside inbetween. It is a large undertaking, that's for sure....but it IS a great game.
San andreas is a state? o_O.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
I didn't like it. I hated it how when i was driving through the country side the textures were often loading on the fly and a lot of things were invisible, most notably the road. That and the long loading time put aside, I hate it how theres constant 'nigga talk'. Not to be racist here but the way they talk really annoys me. Luckily I hired the game out because I'm not about to waist my money on this crap.

·
Registered
287 Posts
GTA:San Andreas, GTA: Vice City.... WTH! is wrong with Rockstar!?

GTA3 was awesome, I played it for at least 24hrs non-stop when it came out. So new, so inovative, But that ended with Vice City far as I'm concerned. Not only did I HATE the 80's theme it bored me to death because I had already played myself "out" of GTA3. The added features dont do it for me, this series is going to end up like madden one-after-another.

Anyways dont mean to talk you out of it or anything just my 2 cents, (goes back to playing GTA3 again)

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I thought the added features of Vice City were neat and that the game was pretty fun but the city didn't fit the series too well (too bright/colorful and flat, the dark and dingy Liberty City fit the mood better I think). I've only played San Andreas for a few minutes total so I can't say much but the part I played was pretty fun. I stole a jet from the airport, flew over to the middle of nowhere, and skydived into a river, among other things. I haven't bought it yet but I want to get it soon.

·
Registered
175 Posts
you people are idiots, GTA 3 is garbage compared to vice city, the speed and acceleration of cars is as slow as hell.. and the overall speed of the game is just too crappy, go to vice city and the handling, speed of fighting and vehicles etc are much better.. the cars in gta 3 seem like their top speeds are like 40mph.. pffft

·
Registered
287 Posts
PiggyFlyer said:
you people are idiots
Everyone has their own opinion dude :thumb:

D.D. said:
tbh, i always hated the GTA series...all of em. hope im not the only ps2 owner like this...
Well I dont hate them that much but I do hate vice city. I just hope they do something totally different... THE FUTURE! that would be kewl :)

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
San Andreas is huge free roaming place, but at least on PS2 it had some minor technical problems like refreshing was totally late when driving fast, but it is GREAT!! I tell you that if you liked the earlier, well even if you didn't like the earlier GTA's try it out... Oh, you can finally swim in it!!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree that the niggah talk is kinda annoying, the game would have been alot better if they used the character from vice city or something

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
Radix865 said:
San Andreas is huge free roaming place, but at least on PS2 it had some minor technical problems like refreshing was totally late when driving fast, but it is GREAT!! I tell you that if you liked the earlier, well even if you didn't like the earlier GTA's try it out... Oh, you can finally swim in it!!!
I think the way it looks when you are driving really fast looks cool....it gets that kinda warp-speed blur effect going on.....I'm talking about the FAST cars though....only the really sporty cars can go that fast.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Jldnr77, I didn't talk about that effect, it IS cool, I was talking about when you drive fast, sometimes the ground just can't keep up with you and it looks like you're driving on a mirror or something, it's also kinda annoying to hit building that just pops out of nowhere... But I don't care, it's best the GTA so far...

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
D.D. said:
tbh, i always hated the GTA series...all of em. hope im not the only ps2 owner like this...
:) no you're not (future ps2 owner... emm... it's gonna happen in minutes/hours :) ) I don't like or even hate GTA series no matter if it's on PC or on any console...

·
band
4,912 Posts
congrats on the console : which one?

thx for the support man! ive never really understood the appeal of gta...

·
KO'ed User
935 Posts
KanedA said:
:) no you're not (future ps2 owner... emm... it's gonna happen in minutes/hours :) ) I don't like or even hate GTA series no matter if it's on PC or on any console...

If you think about it, it is really a ornginal idea, but they are overusing it now. I also don't really like the Gta series. At school, i was like 1 of 3 people who don't and won't have it in my class...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts