Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question:

How do you take ps2/gamecube/x-box screen shots?
Without some digital camera obviously. I've seen a lot of screens floating around the internet, but how are they made? is there some way to connect your tv to the computer or what?

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Well, if you have a video card that has a VIDEO LINE-IN , you could just connect the LINE-OUT from the TV or the PS2 to your PC, then get the screenshots from there.. that'l probably work.. (blame shiori if it doesn't work, twas his idea.. hehe :p)

·
retired
8,103 Posts
Originally posted by Shumi
I have a question:

How do you take ps2/gamecube/x-box screen shots?
Without some digital camera obviously. I've seen a lot of screens floating around the internet, but how are they made? is there some way to connect your tv to the computer or what?
IMO, most of the shots around the internet are published by the creator of the game.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
thats true. you cant get very good resolution if you take a screenshot with tv in. the good screenshots are from the developers because they pretty much are the only ones that can run the software on a developer machine to get the decent res shot.

luckily, with psx emulation, we can get nice hi res shots without a developer machine.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Bgnome
thats true. you cant get very good resolution if you take a screenshot with tv in. the good screenshots are from the developers because they pretty much are the only ones that can run the software on a developer machine to get the decent res shot.

luckily, with psx emulation, we can get nice hi res shots without a developer machine.
and that´s great doesn´t ir?
^^

S

·
0 Posts
not ps2, but dreamcast. However, the idea is the same. Note that I used Dscaler (www.dscaler.org) , a freeware tv program that tries to remove scanlines as much as possible.
You need also hypersnap to capture.
Ok, still not as good as developer shots, but its better than the average tvcard screenshot.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
yeah, do that Samor

hah
I guess by now everyone (at least in N.America) has seen the DOA3 commercial...

"She kicks high."

:)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Yes, I'd assume so. They've certainly put enough funding into advertising that a typical American would have seen the commercial by now.

S

·
0 Posts
I forgot my DOA2 was a NTSC version and for some reason my bt848 capture card has a problem with those in Dscaler (note that AFAIK bt878 cards dont have this flaw).

oh well, I guess this shot will have to do then..

S

·
0 Posts
the fun thing here is that descaler tries to remove the scanlines, and does a pretty good job at that. Thats why I can take shots at 640x480 (well 720x something actually, it's PAL) without suffering from major scanline problems (which would normally happen). With my regular tvcard software I can only take proper shots at half the resolution, since that hides the scanlines. If you look at the above pic closely you'll see that there are still some partial scanlines visible.

and yes, this should all work just as well with ps2 or any other system.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts