Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have tried saving games, but whenever I go back into the game, I get a message saying the mem card isn't formatted (even though I formatted it the last time I played the game), and everything that I thought that I had saved during my last game no longer exists. Any advice would be helpful.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Well...

1. Try using epsxe executor and make a bunch of memcards.. Format them all.. Set their slots..
2. When ingame.. Press f4 before saving.. Save.. Then press f4 again(for controller problems).. Same thing for loading..

I only press f4, f4 once during a game.. Then the saving and loading works for the rest of that game until I restart and have to press f4,f4 again..

Its seems nowadays though I don't even need to press f4 anymore to get the memcards recognized and usable.. Its because I switched the controller type to "analog\digital" for my thrustmaster dual power gamepad rumble..

Some people have also stated that pressing f5 then f4 fixed their memcard problem..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm still having a problem with memory card formatting. When I start up ePSXe, and get to the main menu of whatever game I'm using, I press F4. To be sure that pressing F4 has an effect on the ePSXe program, I hit my Windows button, and sure enough the DOS window now says "SIO irq enabled.". Great, so now all I have to do is the normal PSX functions involved with formatting/saving. So I format the memory card file, save my settings, play my game, save it, and hit F4 again. I hit the Windows key again to check my DOS window to confirm that the F4 stroke has registered, and it has ("SIO irq disabled.").

Now I exit to Windows, exit from ePSXe, and start ePSXe back up again. When I get to the main menu of the game, I hit F4. Then I proceed to the memory card to load my options, and the game tells me that the memory card is not formatted !?!? If this rings a bell I would certainly appreciate any input or advice. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts