Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Drowning in a red state.
9,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually hang out with my group of friends at school and call the two I consider "best friends". I have two friends that go to another high school whom I usually communicate via facebook or msn, but I call one of them.
The other is gay and his voice is somewhat kinda feminized so I prefer communicating VIA text.

Share your method of staying up to date with friends :p.(and family)

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
Texting. Since I've been sick, my phone has been my life line. Also, IMing has been fun but that's mostly how I've been able to keep in touch with my internet friends. I'm not a fan of Facebook or Myspace. I have deactivated both accounts. They are more of a hassle to me more than anything.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Real life friends which live in my city - Calling (expensive obviously), SMSing (cheaper) and using a local sort of messenger client that uses a cellphone GPRS connection (even cheaper than SMSing and the preferred method for non-essential contact, but of course it only works if both people are logged in).

Real life friends but who live far away (not in my city and/or overseas) - Facebook

Net - MSN

·
soshin
2,595 Posts
Facebook for the friends who live far away from where I live, e-mails, texting, messengers. For those who live nearby, we usually hang out on weekends, or after office hours at some cafe or cheap restaurants. Well, for the single ones that is. If my friend happens to be married, I usually visit his/ her home occasionally. Less frequently to the married female ones unless I know the husband very well.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
*touches rikki*

·
Registered MSX user
1,625 Posts
shouting from my window.
It seems that your friends don't live far away from you.

Well, mostly by e-mail. Phone calls costs, so I use that option rarely. None of my best friends are going the same school (I mean unit, to be exact).

Nearest lives 34km away and second nearest 70km away. I visit them sometimes.

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
Q: How do you keep in touch with friends?
A: By keeping touching them :p (oh boy that sounds gay)

now serious hehehehe.... one of the best way to keep your best friends is by doing something you all like and remembering that a "Friendship" needs time.... a wonderfull time you spend with them by playing something or just going out... friends are really needed in this life but you shouldn´t forget that Family comes first :thumb:

in my case i don´t need friends in real life.. i have to admit that i like to chat to some of my contacts via MSN and i really like it... but i´ve realized that a real friendship can´t be found via internet actually.. a real friendship is more than that as you need to see the person you´re talking to. in real life i have no friends actually and i do not search for any... just few i talk sometimes or probably meet somewhere. am the kind of person that likes to stay alone as its the best way for me.

beeing alone isn´t that bad as you don´t get dissapointed from nobody.. having friends which you consider your "Best friends" is great but when one of them dissapoints you then you feel bad and probably think is better to stay without it.

.... that´s my opinion tho.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Guys perhaps it's just my strange understanding of English but I have always understood "keeping in touch with someone" as how you maintain contact whilst you can't physically go and visit them/hangout with them...so going and visiting them or hanging out with them are not a correct options for "keeping in touch"

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
That's what I understood too, Schumi. I meant it when I said that my cell phone is my lifeline. Lol.

And, @ruantechy, wouldn't you consider your wife to be your best friend?
hey Bree you´re totaly right there... my wife and my mother are my best friends.. as they are the persons more close to me. in real life i don´t need friends at all i think.. but when it comes to other friends You and Schumi and few others are indeed on very high places on my list and in my heart :thumb:

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
For those that are in my country just calling and the ocasional text and Mid Week Drinks we go out on wednesday nights, drink beer and plan the weekend.
If they are out of country then it's trough e-mail, Facebook or Google Talk, though i rarely contact friends that are outside, usualy only if i am going to travel to were they are.

·
Registered
18 Posts
im sick now, i'm loving msn,
its easy, and just calling mobile phones, thats easy too
i love talkin to people in real life and text, cuz they usually are 2 diff persons on the net and real life.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
*touches* shumi

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.