Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in another thread, I purchased a copy of Madden 2004 for the PC *used* for $3.18, considering it was only $7.99 before discount, I wonder what do you do when you buy the 'latest' sports titles? Do you keep them until 'just before' the next version gets released? Do you keep them only for the sports season? or do you give them away/donate them?

I never buy the 'latest' sports games. I usually give away/donate older versions when I update, but I don't see the need to shell out $50 to get the 'newest' version... *Yes I'm cheap! I know it! LOL :thumb: *

Having played NBA Live 2001 *which set me back a quarter* as well as FIFA Soccer 2002 *same price*, I was impressed with them, let along the 'newest' versions of them...

So do you buy the 'newest' version of sports games when they are released? How long do you keep them? Do you buy the PC versions or console versions? I was just curious about sports gamers buying habits here compared to mine...

·
Heh...
1,905 Posts
I agree with you about spending $50 on an updated version of last years game is kind of stupid. They keep adding stuff to the games to make it seem like it's a whole different game but underneath it's still the same thing...

Anyway, I bought the ESPN games this year for that exact same reason. Seeing how they're worth almost $30 less than EA's games. Most of the time the only thing you're paying is for updated rosters. Sega is smart and I hope they keep doing this. If not, I won't be anything next season.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
ShadowDancer said:
I agree with you about spending $50 on an updated version of last years game is kind of stupid. They keep adding stuff to the games to make it seem like it's a whole different game but underneath it's still the same thing...
I think it depends on the game, in this case. FIFA Soccer, for instance, seems to have always been being improved in some sort of way along the time -- although some people do buy the newest releases for updated rosters only.

In the truth, I detest sport games, so I'm just throwing in some particular (but not practical) view of the situation.

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
The problem with sport titles is that, the inovations in gameplay are so little and so far away between it doesn't justifies buying them every year.

S

·
0 Posts
I always intend to buy one, but then the new version's announced and I wait for that, so in the end I buy none :p
(NHL, that is).

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just buy one version and keep it untill its really really out of date, not gonna pay the developers 25-40 pounds a year for updated teams or really slight improvements in gameplay, it's just not worth it. People who buy them every year are stupid if you ask me :p

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmm..never really bothered, but we recently read that you can download updated rosters for the 2004 / 2005 releases EA and ESPN Football. This would make more sense then buying new. Maybe we will shell out the 20 bucks for ESPN and just keep updating

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
when it comes to sports games, the only time i'd feel the need to buy a newer one was if it had some new expansion team. otherwise, not much point other than graphics and possibly AI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts