Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP! sorry, but I just need help in backing up Dreamcast cd's onto my comp so i can play using Chankast... I downloaded the emulator and BIOS. have a virtual drive & alcohol 120% but i don't know how to make the ISO? so someone please help, thanks. I even tried to do a image making, but it doesn't even copy the entire disc... so any help is appreciated.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
that's becaus Dreamcast Disc are (non standard for pc) GD Roms... you're not able to make iso like that... you've got to have sth like broadband adapter that will be connecting your console and pc... afaik it's not that easy nor cheap...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KanedA said:
that's becaus Dreamcast Disc are (non standard for pc) GD Roms... you're not able to make iso like that... you've got to have sth like broadband adapter that will be connecting your console and pc... afaik it's not that easy nor cheap...
Thanks for the info. Gee
:emb: but you gotta understand ima new w/ the DC emu... thought it would by as easy as PSX.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
No it's not that easy, and also what you are doing is illegal. Downloading a BIOS is illegal ;)

Have you read the rules? In short I can tell you that ppl who support piracy won't be helped here and topics such as these could be closed. (because you mentioned downloading the bios)

Anyway, just like KanedA already said, you'll need a coder's cable or BBA to do the trick, don't ask me how :p This is all I know :heh:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
JOEWARE said:
Thanks for the info. Gee
:emb: but you gotta understand ima new w/ the DC emu... thought it would by as easy as PSX.

That's ok.. we all were n00bs ... :) but just read rules and be carefull what you write in your posts :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys, i'm kinda new at this too, i got my SFvs.M on to my PC. but its in numbered files. i wanna know if there is a post on makeing this into an ISO also. i'm kinda clueless about this numbered file thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
heh. it's funny how you just admitted you downloaded your ISO. numbered files are nothing more than split archives. you should be able to open them using winRAR or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i figured it out. and WOW!!! chankast is as fast as epsxe.

my pc
amd xp 2200+
msi kt3 ultra mobo
1gig ddr333
2- 80gig maxtors
nvidia gf 5200

it plays amazingly fast for what the graphics look like. all i have to say is WOW!! i remember a while back that people couldn't play games on it. this is an amazing improvement!!!

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
@ KanedA: We should become Chankast forum mods :p

@ khrys771: It's all about your specs ;) Somehow I got the funny feeling ePSXe runs just a little faster on my K6 333mHz processor :p
Also, there's no such thing as split images :rolleyes: Only split archives ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts