Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: i know i probably should know this, but how do i get a screen shot of something in windows 98??? do i just press the prt scr button, and if i do then where does the picture go?

·
Registered
513 Posts
>do i just press the prt scr button
Yes

>and if i do then where does the picture go?
The clipboard, as a .bmp image. Paste it into Paint or the image editor of your choice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
And be sure that the clipboard is installed when you install Win98. The default installation does NOT install the clipboard.
Of course you can still add the clipboard after installing Win98 by using add remove programs in the control panel
I hope this helps

·
Registered
513 Posts
The 'clipboard' is a portion of shared memory within Windows that can hold data of differing types. It's a fundamental part of the OS, not an additional utility. Using Print Screen doesn't require any additional programs (so far as I'm aware of). Perhaps you're thinking of the Clipbook Viewer?

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by Bahamut_Zero
Try Aldo's Screen Capture
yea its the best,saves the pictures independently in jpeg format.....with good compression and good quality.If you want to take more than one screen shot then use VGS Capture.......!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hmmm how did I not find that before?
Actually I don't see much difference between the .jpg VGS capture and just converting a .bmp into .jpg, but it is nice to be able to have .jpg without converting.
I was just trying Aldo's capture 1.0a and couldn't get it to work. I pressed print screen and it showed up as a thumbnail in the window. Then I would right click, go to save, and try to save it as a .jpg, but it wouldn't be saved. I would open Paint and try to open the picture, but it didn't have the file. I saved it as "abc.jpg" in my documents, but it simply wasn't there. Anybody know how to save a .jpg with this program and when you do save a .jpg is it better quality than JPG VGS capture?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cluthu is right, The clipboard is part of the OS. What I really mean is that By default Win 98does not install the Clipbook viewer.I think the clipbook viewer should be installed by default. What's the use of the clipboard if you can't see what's copied in it?
Does copy and paste goes through the clipboard too ?

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Biased turkey
Does copy and paste goes through the clipboard too ?
Yes, anything you copy goes to the clipboard. Notice that if you copy text or an image, it copies the entire thing in the clipboard, but if you copy files it only copy a "reference" to those files, not the data itself.

[]s Badaro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts