Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Can anyone tell me how I can rip sound files from psx games? I want to rip the voice samples from announcer chick in Rage Racer, and make them into either Wavs, mp3s, whatever. Not sure what emulator or program can do this but I figured I'd ask here. PLease let me know thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I don't have Rage Racer yet, so I'll have to give you general info. The only tools I know of specifically for PSX disks are here:

http://www.ngemu.com/download.php?action=cat&id=83

Often samples are not stored in .PSF format, however. If they're on the disk as regular CD tracks (like Colony Wars), you can rip them like you would from a regular audio CD. Otherwise, the best you're going to get is to turn off music (if you can) and record the audio while you play the game. A tool I use in situations like that is Audacity, an open-source audio recorder and editor.

Dan

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Captain said:
PSound can rip samples from synthesized music in psx games, as well as some sound effects.

PSound for the win!!! :guitar: :bow:

Thanks The Captain! :thumb:

Got all the voice samples from the Rage Racer announcer chick in .wav format now! :guitar:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.