Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a disk image of the game Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore for PS2. After having burned it to disk and then using CodeBreaker to transfer a "everything unlocked" save file to my PS2 mem card, I found that there is a picture gallery that shows many images of different renderings of the various characters. But I don't know how to rip the picture files from the game. Heck, I don't even know which files are picture filies on the disk, or which files are like archive files and might contain a set of pictures.

Can someone help me find a ripping tool for extracting these pictures?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
246 Posts
you could always just take a screenshot of the pictures.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
you could always just take a screenshot of the pictures.
Wrong!
A TV screen has a resolution of 640x480. These pictures are larger than that, as they fill the screen ONLY when zoommed out. But when zoomed in, they MORE than fill the screen. To get the whole image I would have to take to zoom in and take screenshots of each area of the picture (4 in total, as each quarter about what I can fit on the screen is about how zoomed in it is). Now this could take time reassembling the 4 quarters of the pictures in Photoshop to get the whole picture. Multiply this process by 16 pictures per "gallery thumbnail page" and again by 3 such pages. This is a HECK OF ALOT of work to screencap the whole gallery (and would take a take more time than I'm willing to spend doing it). Now next question is would it be possible to get the EXACT picture (byte by byte) on my computer? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Thus I lose image quality. Now I have a high quality frame-grabber board I bought on ebay for $50. But trust me, this was no $50 cheapo TV-card. It is a real "frame grabber" (technically different than a TV-card) and it is usually used in precision scientific or industrial work. I found the New-Price for it to be over $300. It works perfectly so I got a good deal. But the problem still remains that even with this you have to realize that you are STILL DIGITIZING AN ANALOG SIGNAL. The signal coming out of my PS2's composite video cable is analog. The data on my PS2 disk is digital. And of course the data that the framegrabber outputs to my computer is digital. When you convert a digital signal to analog and back to digital again, you WILL loose image quality. That is a fact, and no matter HOW GOOD the capture board is (even for over $1000 boards I've seen on scientific websites) the resulting capture will NOT be "byte for byte" the same as the original. Even more if my board performs MPEG or MPEG2 compression (rather than sending the raw image data to my computer) and sends this compressed video data to the computer, then I have lost EVEN MORE quality. Thank goodness that from what I read on this board's specs that it doesn't have any compression, but just handles raw image data. But still because of the digital to analog to digital conversion that occurs, I don't get to receive the original data, but rather just a close approximation.

For me this is unacceptable when it comes to DOA2:Hardcore pictures of hot babes in bikinis :wub: . Those chicks deserve to have the BEST quality image possible on my computer. This is a level of quality that can ONLY be achieved if I can rip them from the disk. Now the problem becomes once again that I don't know how to rip DOA2:Hardcore pictures. I don't even know what kind of files to look for. I don't know what the file extension even is for DOA2:Hardcore picture files or the archive files which might contain them. And DON'T offer me a zip file containing rips someone else made (as I know you might be tempted to do). I can only tell they are in perfect condition if I rip them MYSELF.

The purpose of this thread is one and only one purpose. It is a place for you to post the link to download a tool which allows the extracting picture files from the game DOA2:Hardcore.

And naturally the output of such a picture ripper should NOT be JPEG (which is lossy). It should instead be BMP (raw image data) or PNG (lossless compression). And I don't care how it extracts it from the game. If the game uses standard PS2 image files then that's nice ('cause I'll get a PS2 picture ripper from the deal), but if the game uses some special format then I want a program designed for THAT SPECIAL FORMAT. Because I GOTTA get the FULL QUALITY pictures of the DOA girls. They are some of the hottest women I've seen ANYWARE. Most real women, or anime or other game characters can't even come close to being as pretty as the women in DOA. The DOA women are just so beautiful I GOTTA GET THEIR PICTURES IN FULL QUALITY :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.