Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
i haven't had this problem, running win10 here. that being said, i switched to the launchbox front end, and set up a controller shortcut to exit. you could also try alt-enter, then try to access the menu that way (alt to show menu, then mouse to click).

·
Registered
374 Posts
I use Windows 7, 64-bit, and eventually have to manually close the games on both ePSXe and PCSXR-PGXP. (I mean in the few cases when the ESC does not work, when I need to close manually, even though the emulation is stable, and responsive.) However, I have the impression that it is something fleeting, random and never noticed a pattern. I have never consistently faced what the OP suggests. As already said in another topic I make use of scripts to guarantee the closing of the emulators, namely:

Code:
@echo off
cls
echo.
echo.
taskkill /F /T /IM epsxe.exe
taskkill /F /T /IM pcsxr-pgxp.exe
echo.
echo.
timeout /t 3 /nobreak
exit /b
REM Other Method:
REM WMIC PROCESS WHERE Name="pcsxr-pgxp.exe" CALL Terminate
REM WMIC PROCESS WHERE Name="pcsxr-pgxp.exe" delete
It seems to me possible that another program is "listening" to the ESC, or even that the ESC is being mapped as the emulator key in play. Reviewing the input configuration of the emulator may be necessary.

cheers!

·
Registered
374 Posts
When I use the GamePad Plugin LilyPad (PSCX2 Native), default settings, with PCSXR-PGPXP, I too can't use ESC to close the emulator. The same don't happen with SSSPSX PAD Pressure Mod 1.6, 1.7 or 1.7.1.

TIP: Just don't use "General, Input APIs, Keyboard API, Windows messaging (Recommended)", try, instead, "Raw input" or "DirectInput".

cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts