Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I was looking the xbox emulation work, and i was wondering how do i obtain the last updated version of cxbx, i search on the web and I only obtain the 0.79 and 0.80 versions

Do you know where or how can i get the last version?

·
Registered
13 Posts
along the lines of:
Get Visual studio (Express is fine I think) version 2008 is used according to the vcproj project file.
Maybe get the DirectX sdk aswell, and then press the green "Compile" or press F5 :D

Any errors or messages that popup are hints to fix and learn new stuff.
not sure if it works right away, the version I compiled is older now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've tried compiling the latest build (r174) using VS 2008 Express and all it does is give me errors along the lines of "EmuXapi.h(37) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dxerr8.h': No such file or directory"

Cxbx.exe is not produced, only cxbe.exe (which is used to convert between xbe<->exe, right?).

Help, please? :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
You don't need a separate DirectX download to compile cxbx.
The difficulty of getting hold of a DirectX *8* SDK these days means it's easier to use the copy of the SDK included in the source code download.

See /import/DirectX8. Now if your copy of Visual Studio is reporting a problem finding dxerr8.h (which is in that folder), you'll need to consult and check the import and library path for the project files. If it's not pointing at the right spots for the bundled DirectX SDK, amend.

A quick Google for stackoverflow articles should show you how to check this in your version of Visual Stuido.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You don't need a separate DirectX download to compile cxbx.
The difficulty of getting hold of a DirectX *8* SDK these days means it's easier to use the copy of the SDK included in the source code download.

See /import/DirectX8. Now if your copy of Visual Studio is reporting a problem finding dxerr8.h (which is in that folder), you'll need to consult and check the import and library path for the project files. If it's not pointing at the right spots for the bundled DirectX SDK, amend.

A quick Google for stackoverflow articles should show you how to check this in your version of Visual Stuido.
Ok, I've managed to fix that. To anyone else having the same issues, you have to add "Additional Include Directories" to the project.

It's now giving me: 1>uXboxAdpcmDecoder.c
1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\src\CxbxKrnl\EmuXBAudio\uXboxAdpcmDecoder.c': No such file or directory

It seems this file doesn't actually exist in the source code, and I'm not sure how to fix it? :heh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok, I've managed to fix that. To anyone else having the same issues, you have to add "Additional Include Directories" to the project.

It's now giving me: 1>uXboxAdpcmDecoder.c
1>c1 : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\src\CxbxKrnl\EmuXBAudio\uXboxAdpcmDecoder.c': No such file or directory

It seems this file doesn't actually exist in the source code, and I'm not sure how to fix it? :heh:
Problem the only time this will happen, but that file isn't need.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To make this even easier, I've consolidated shogun's latest changes, my correctness-fixes plus a rebuilt Visual Studio 2010 (incl. Express) solution file.

https://github.com/Echelon9/cxbx-shogun/commits/correctness-fixes

This should now build the outputs with a single click of 'Build Solution'.
Thank you so much, honestly you're such a help to xbox emulation as it stands now :)

I had no hope trying to fix that issue :lol:

EDIT: Still not compiling properly, giving me:

'DXGetErrorDescription8A': identifier not found
'D3DXIFF_BMP' : undeclared identifier
'D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile': identifier not found

I'm such a noob (with no experience VS related btw) and can't figure out how to fix this, looked through the threads too, maybe I missed something?

·
Registered
80 Posts
EDIT: Still not compiling properly, giving me:

'DXGetErrorDescription8A': identifier not found
'D3DXIFF_BMP' : undeclared identifier
'D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile': identifier not found

I'm such a noob (with no experience VS related btw) and can't figure out how to fix this, looked through the threads too, maybe I missed something?
Can you redownload the zip package from GitHub, as changes in the last 24hrs should mean all references to DXGetErrorDescription8A, D3DXIFF_BMP and D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile are commented out -- they aren't necessary.

Also, ensure you are using the Cxbx_vc10.sln file with Visual Studio 2010 (Express version is fine). A 'Clean Build' prior to 'Build Solution' is recommended as well, using the 'Release' configuration.

Let me know which compiler you are using if that still doesn't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you redownload the zip package from GitHub, as changes in the last 24hrs should mean all references to DXGetErrorDescription8A, D3DXIFF_BMP and D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile are commented out -- they aren't necessary.

Also, ensure you are using the Cxbx_vc10.sln file with Visual Studio 2010 (Express version is fine). A 'Clean Build' prior to 'Build Solution' is recommended as well, using the 'Release' configuration.

Let me know which compiler you are using if that still doesn't work.
Turns out I had downloaded outdated source code from the github :doh:

All working now, thanks for your help! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts