Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any program to test to see what speeed my ram is running at?

Im going to buy a new ram, but im scared he shopkeeper will give me a pc 266 ddr instead of pc 2100 ...since i dont know how to differentiate between the ram...

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
pc 266 is the same as pc2100.... Different names for the same type of ram..They both run at 266 mhz or 133 double pumped to 266.. I think there is a difference betwenn pc1600 and pc2100 though.. But still they both run at 266 mhz.. Plus you can test your ram and benchmark it with sisoft sandra.. Do a search for it.. Sisoft will also give you detailed info on your system including ram speeds, fsb speeds..ect..

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi there,

thx for telling me that pc266 and pc2100 is the same thing. :)

But unfortunately, i went to buy the ram before i read this post :(

The shopkeeper showed me a pc266 ram, and i told him i want a pc2100 instead of a pc266 one, he then said ok and showed me another ram which is samsung brand , and said this samsung one is pc2100...... it looks a bit old...but finally i decided to buy it.....
and now im scared i was conned.... HE Never tell me pc266 and pc2100 is the same thing and he even tried to inscreased the price but i have argue with him until it gave me the price we have agreed before... Damn the shopkeeper ! im going to check the fsb for the ram i buy, hope it is not a 133 one!! ( i paid the price for a 266 fsb )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts