Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mine just says version 0.0.0.0

Also, whenever I check the runtime error stats [F3] I get like 3000+ errors per second and a couple hundred million+ errors in some games as I play but the games seem to be running and saving fine, except for the sound occationally.

I'm completely new to the world of emulation and it seems there's so much to learn, too much and I feel way behind, I hope I picked up the right emulator.

I'd appreciate some help thank you. *smiley*

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
The latest is 2.6a

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Help->About.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
The latest is 2.6a however that's currently ethically unavailable as it's the donate-to-get-it-early no$gba version and donations are down, and have been down for a while and no one knows when they will be back up.

So everyone will have to settle for 2.6 which is the current free version.

You can obviously always check the homepage as well and see if there's a later version out than the one you have.

no$gba has been dormant for over a year now though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The latest is 2.6a
Thank you for pointing that out, I know this.

I do look around and read these things. :eyemove:

This is NOT what I am asking.

I am asking how do I know I downloaded the latest version because the version I have right now is a bunch of zeros.

I got this version from my friend via e-mail, and I was directed to these forums on the official NO$GBA page.

Also about those errors? Is that typical or are my roms damaged?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Don't check the version of the .exe, that has never changed ever.

Ignore the F3 runtime errors, that's more for use with homebrew and when checking the emount of bugs homebrew has, also it could be that it's meant at this stage just for GBA homebrew and games.
If you are not actually experiencing an error then everything is fine, although be aware that this emu obviously can't run everything perfectly yet (just like any emu in development) and other than changing the renderer or turning sound on or selecting the correct savetype there usually is nothing you can do. So eventually you will run into missing graphics or a crashing game which can't be fixed.

I suggest you read my FAQ by the way. (linked to in my sig (No$gba DS FAQ 2.0)

Also you have been told how to check what version you have, when you are running the emu, check under the Help menu and click on About like Smiley said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.