1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
246 Posts
you could convert it to html and use iframe to place it in the middle.

·
Registered
246 Posts
no idea, could be anything. it's basically just html and css and some other stuff.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
It's dynamic HTML. Anyway, usually, that kind of content could be PHP nested within HTML, since PHP is pretty much server-side, you won't see it in a page source, at all.

But... why would you rely on Microsoft Word at this point? (Microsoft Word is not meant for creating websites imo)

If anything, it's a good time to learn about laying out with CSS and generating contents with PHP.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's dynamic HTML. Anyway, usually, that kind of content could be PHP nested within HTML, since PHP is pretty much server-side, you won't see it in a page source, at all.

But... why would you rely on Microsoft Word at this point? (Microsoft Word is not meant for creating websites imo)

If anything, it's a good time to learn about laying out with CSS and generating contents with PHP.
I'm mainly using word for making text/pic video game guides and making them into pdfs. Is there another way of going about creating stuff like this cuz im kinda new to this stuff

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
what about for making articles?
Even then. HTML alone is fully capable of formatting and styling the text and images however you want it. I can't remember the last time I did any kind of designing in WYSIWYG mode. Eventually you're just able to visualize it all by looking at the code and that ends up being more reliable. Although, I like Visual Studio and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition is based off of that and should be able to handle the basics for you.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even then. HTML alone is fully capable of formatting and styling the text and images however you want it. I can't remember the last time I did any kind of designing in WYSIWYG mode. Eventually you're just able to visualize it all by looking at the code and that ends up being more reliable. Although, I like Visual Studio and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition is based off of that and should be able to handle the basics for you.
Thanks a lot! Is there any limitations to the express edition?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
I'm mainly using word for making text/pic video game guides and making them into pdfs. Is there another way of going about creating stuff like this cuz im kinda new to this stuff
I have a full-fledge WYSWYG article editor complete with drag and drop in Flash, but I'm going to charge you deadly for something like that, because... apparently, no other company is bored enough to make something so user-friendly. :p (tells you just how bored I am, eh?)

It's actually possible to create a WYSWYG interface like that even for HTML.

But that aside, you should at least have a common site structure before you run into article layout and format, because if your site is not compatible with your articles, it could be hellish reformatting everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts