Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm using xpadder and a logitech dual action...

in SSBB, the c-stick keeps changing the aspect ratio...

the z button changes fog scenery...

basically, a bunch of buttons is changing graphics, how the hell do i disable that?:mad:

edit: this only happens on the first player controller for some reason...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, both my player 1 and 2 keyboard buttons on xpadder is literally a mess of random buttons, only making any sense when you put them in the kb/xbox360 plugin...

which buttons on the keyboard does the weird effects?

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
You said it happens on the first player controls, c stick and z, so check what they are mapped to and map to different keys. I noticed on the character select screen the c buttons do rotate the screen up down left and right, if thats what you meant.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
no, that's normal...

the c-stick on first player literally changes the aspect ratio in-game from 4:3, to 16:9 to 16:10 and back again. Annoying! Not normal!

again, which keys activate the side-effects, and thus, avoid?

ok.... 4 changes the aspect ratio... wtf? that's one key to avoid...

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
I dont know all of Dolphins keyboard shortcuts off the top of my head but i just tested using letter keys and none of them altered any of the emulators options

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah, that's okay, but there's only so much keys to literally fill up 4 logitech actions...

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
Yeah, i can see where you would have trouble. Personally I use a 360 controller which works very well with dolphin, and would recommend to anybody.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Speaking of the 360 controller, are you able to customize the button layout yet? I find it silly to put B on X and vice versa when the GCN buttons could match the 360 controller button letters and not make gameplay any harder since B and X are still next to the same buttons.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speaking of the 360 controller, are you able to customize the button layout yet? I find it silly to put B on X and vice versa when the GCN buttons could match the 360 controller button letters and not make gameplay any harder since B and X are still next to the same buttons.
yea, but i prefer my ps2 knockoff controller's button to be configured the way the GC one is, like this:

L2 and R2 = L and R

R1 = Z (L1 doesn't count)

x = A
[] = B
o = X
/\ = Y

the D-pad would be the joystick, the left joystick becomes the d-pad, while the right joystick is the C-stick...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Um, I wasn't really asking if you were able to configure your controller, but instead if it was possible to do so with the 360 plugin, since last time I checked you couldn't (which made me sad for the above-mentioned reason).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh i see... try xpadder by any chance?

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
you can use the njoy plugin to configure your 360 controller, personally i like the layout of the 360 plugin which is set according to the buttons physical layout in relation to a gc controller rather than the button label.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.