Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine was kind enough to rip me his Kingom Hearts II into an ISO. And I successfully managed to get my bios rip off of my PS2.

Thanks to Swap-Disc......

But now I have another problem. I have KH2 but it will not work. In addition, I've done tutorials on Graphic Options for PCSX2 but unfortunately I still get the 640x480 screen which is 480P.

My current Desktop setting is 1440x900 aka 900P. Although I adjusted the setting it doesn't work.

Some help?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I got the game to work...but lags like all hell and flickers.

I have US Bios but the game is in German. Now would that matter? This game is KH2.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ (2 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM prob 800mHz

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Display Memory: 1779 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)

Settings was 1280x720
Pixel Shader 3.0
All max
No interlacing

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
What exactly am I supposed to do with that website? It seems fairly useless from what I've read.

Can you give me a quick summary please?
It's a site where you can find homebrew.
We don't give links where you can find commercial games, because it's illegal.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
I really feel the need to mention this, but I think you are failing to understand the meaning or purpose of emulation.

Emulation was never conceived as a way to aid piracy or provide a way to play "commercial" games for free without paying. Emulation was conceived as a means of preserving and enhancing the original experience of the console through a software implementation of said console on platforms it's games were never intended to run on. You know for the inevitable future when the original hardware is no longer available, but someone wants to relive the nostalgia?

The silly pirates just decided to abuse this, thus greatly skewing the original meaning or purpose of what emulation is about. Now the masses think that it is a vehicle to download and play "commercial" games for free without owning the games or the system the games are played on.

Sorry, but we won't aid you in your quest to find games illegally. When you post on the forum, you do it the legal way like the rest of us or you follow the strict don't ask, don't tell policy (don't ask where to get games, don't tell anyone where to get games unless it's from a store, and don't openly admit to downloading games illegally when posting on the forum).

This pretty much sums things up on the legal stance concerning the illegal downloading and trading/sharing of copyrighted material including games/roms:

Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?
There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.
This basically applies for every game or copyrighted/commercial material in existence. If it's illegal to download a game even though you own it, it is just as illegal if not more to download a game if you do not own it.

You'll find the strict stance against warez at every one of the legal emulation communities in existence that serve as a haven to emulation projects. This is to avoid any legal troubles or concerns with large corporate bodies such as Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo who would have these communities taken down at a drop of a hat if they were found to be distributing copyrighted material illegally, facilitate or aid in the distribution of copyrighted material, and provide support for anyone in possession of illegally obtained copyrighted material.

So if you want games for free, PDRoms is all that can be suggested. For anything else, you'll just have to look elsewhere as no one is going to tell you where to illegally download games, that is up to you to figure out yourself.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
A friend of mine was kind enough to rip me his Kingom Hearts II into an ISO. And I successfully managed to get my bios rip off of my PS2.

Thanks to Swap-Disc......

But now I have another problem. I have KH2 but it will not work. In addition, I've done tutorials on Graphic Options for PCSX2 but unfortunately I still get the 640x480 screen which is 480P.

My current Desktop setting is 1440x900 aka 900P. Although I adjusted the setting it doesn't work.

Some help?
It is not legal for you to get an .iso from a friend's copy. You need to buy your PS2 games. This site will not help people pirate games. Sorry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
God that's annoying. I have my old games missing, and some CD(s) really scratched! Reason I want to pirate is because I already paid for it.

I'm not going to pay for it twice.....I do have my own legit Bios...but I'm not going to rebuy all of those games.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
God that's annoying. I have my old games missing, and some CD(s) really scratched! Reason I want to pirate is because I already paid for it.

I'm not going to pay for it twice.....I do have my own legit Bios...but I'm not going to rebuy all of those games.
that doesnt entitle you the right to download a second copy, its copyrighted material therefore its illegal to download regardless of past or current ownership. please read over our board rules before posting again.

http://forums.ngemu.com/751350-post2.html

closed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.