Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so apparently my GameCube died after Hurricane Ike hit and caused a power surge at my house. I tested my power inverter, and it's putting out power, but my GameCube only turns for a second then shuts off, and unless I unplug the power inverter from the wall and plug it back in, it won't repeat that.

But that's another story. I don't want to spend any more money on a GameCube, or whatnot, so what I'm trying to figure out is how I can go from one of my stranded GC discs to something I can play on an emulator on my PC, without doing the whole PSO stuff that seems to be all over Google. I've searched and I've found multiple closed topics on the matter, as it seems most people are trying to make illegal copies for other uses, but my only intention here is to play the games that I purchased.

Is there a way to do this, or is this a lost cause?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not trying to make a physical copy of the game, just one that can be stored locally on my hard drive that would be playable on an emulator.

I've got a Wii at my house but it isn't mine to use =/

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Well it seems you are in a bit of a pickle, since you need a Wii or Gamecube to legally dump the games.

There is an alternative method, if you can find a special supported model of LG drives that can dump Gamecube/Wii games, then use Rawdump or Freedump to dump an iso/gcm image from the discs to your computer.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
The original method for dumping GC games is very similar to the DC method. You need PSO as it has an exploit that enables homebrew to be injected. Then you can use a serial cable or a USB connectable GC memory card to dump the game through.

The Wii method is probably the easiest (and fastest) method so long as your Wii is homebrew enabled. Just install the dump channel and you can can send the dumped image directly to your PC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.